As a Production Assistant, you will work directly with the show’s Anchor, Producers, Senior Producers and Executive Producer to assist in production of live news.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the management of the studio during the show, including utilizing interns and pages as needed
- Act as a liaison between the studio and the control room
- Coordinate all guest arrivals
- Assist show producers with research and updates as needed during live broadcast and breaking news
- Print scripts and show materials for the anchors
- Assist show hosts during the broadcast
- Help senior staff, director, and bookers with assignments post-show
- Assist with other ad hoc requests for show
Basic Qualifications/Eligibility Requirements:
- At least one year of news production experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including occasional weekends, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Must be willing to work in New York City
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Demonstrated interest in current events, politics and public affairs
- Must have the ability to work under deadline pressure
- Strong internet research techniques
- Strong knowledge of social media
- Knowledge of Avid/Interplay and iNews preferred
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $20.00-$25.00 / hour.