In the DreamWorks Internship Program, interns work in an engaging and exciting environment alongside creative leaders and artists who are committed to building an inclusive and collaborative culture.
Interns are immersed into TV and Feature animated productions while gaining hands-on experience at our studio. Open to students and recent grads, we love those who are driven and hungry to learn, are curious and resourceful, and most importantly, are passionate about animation.
The Internship Program also showcases best-in-class opportunities by offering executive speaker series, professional/career development workshops, artistic classes, practice art tests, community outreach opportunities, movie screenings, and much more!
Spring 2023 Story Internship:
- Applications close: Monday, October 31, 2022 at 11:59pm PT
- Program Dates: January 23, 2023 - March 31, 2023
- Time Commitment: Part Time (16-24 hours per week)
- Format: Virtual OR In-person
Responsibilities: “What would you say you do here?”
- Draw story panels and ensure that storyboards align with creative ambitions, vision, and style of the film
- Translate script- or outline-based story ideas into clear and entertaining visual sequences
- Ask questions, clarify notes, and ensure story panels are completed per the feedback provided
- Gain valuable hands on experience in a production environment
- Ensure deadlines are consistently met and communicate progress of work to supervisors and to appropriate production staff
- Basic Qualifications: “What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- Strong drawing skills with a demonstrated sense of storytelling, staging, composition, and character acting
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Pursuing an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at a College/University (or equivalent), or being a recent graduate (within six months of graduation date)
- If selected for an in-person internship, must be willing to work in Glendale, California.
- If selected for a virtual internship, must be working from a location within the United States during all hours worked.
- If selected for a virtual internship, must have own equipment (computer, headphones, etc.) and stable internet connection
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- If working on-site or hybrid, must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Desired Qualifications: “What can I offer?”
- Experience with Photoshop or Storyboard Pro preferred