Under the supervision of the TD Supervisor, the Senior TD - Houdini manages a Team of TDs contributing to the animation of assets in shots. Working with teams of Animation, Character and Rig departments and collaborating with the supervisors of these departments (and their artists) in order to improve and maintain the tools used daily, and also creating new ones when necessary.
Jan 03, 2024
Under the supervision of the TD Supervisor, the Senior TD - Houdini manages a Team of TDs contributing to the animation of assets in shots. Working with teams of Animation, Character and Rig departments and collaborating with the supervisors of these departments (and their artists) in order to improve and maintain the tools used daily, and also creating new ones when necessary. The Senior TD is part of the Pipeline team and as in any teamwork, may be required to assist teammates on other tasks than those expected of the position. Also, in contact with the Software team, they participate in the good communication and collaboration between these 2 teams.
- Lead and technically guide the team to establish a high level of quality in the tools delivered while respecting production deadlines
- Implement effective strategies to meet project requirements
- Provide creative ideas and solutions to improve visual and technical quality
- Develop tools and procedures to support the creative process
- Understand the visual requirements for the film, and design procedures, techniques and tools that will enable these to be met
- Organize, priorities and support the Animation teams in resolving day-to-day issues through the correct communication channels
- Ensure the maintenance and improvement of the Mikros Animation 'Tools Box' of the Animation department
- Collaborate with other Lead TDs upstream and downstream to the Character department and provide him with the necessary assistance to guarantee the efficiency of the data flow
- Work according to Mikros Animation coding style
- Liaise with the software team to ensure compliance with internal practices
- Ensure the follow-up and the relevance of the creation and update of the technical documentation of the developed tools
- Test and validate new versions of pre-existing tools, both interactive ones (mainly Houdini) and in an active production environment
- Optimize the workflow of the Look Dev department
- Advanced knowledge in python coding language
- Experience of development in houdini pipeline integration, being comfortable manipulating hou api
- Strong understanding of hda manipulations
- Previous experience as a TD on animated feature film, animated television series and/or VFX feature film projects
- Thorough understanding of Animation, Character and Rig designs
- Knowledge of Houdini
- Advanced level of understanding of 3D packages, animation technologies and principles
- Ability to code review and troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Ability to quickly understand the use of commercially available and proprietary software tools
- Be able to organize your work efficiently and prioritize the artists' requests while meeting the expected production deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner with various personality types
- Ability to work collaboratively and share knowledge.
- Coding in C++
- Shotgrid knowledge
- Be familiar with Agile/Scrum methods