Lucasfilm Animation is the creator of the Emmy award winning animation series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Star Wars: The Bad Batch, an original series now streaming on Disney+, are looking for a Sr. Storyboard Artist.
San Francisco Bay Area
Jan 27, 2023
The Sr Storyboard Artist works closely with the writers and directors to expertly convey a story through visual storytelling techniques in a 3D computer graphics environment. They work directly from the script to setup the stage and cameras in a 3D environment. It is their job to explore the possibilities of each scene, capture them as shots with a 3D camera move, and edit their work together as movies for submission to the show's story reel.
What you will be responsible for:
- The 3D Story Artist is responsible for expert level composition, screen direction, camera angles, staging, posing, pace, and timing (all the while ensuring that it maintains and fulfills the storypoint.)
- Work is done when final 3D camera setups are delivered to downstream production departments.
- Mentors other Storyboard Artists on the team.
- Establishes and shares tips and tricks to streamline processes and expertly deliver on the required aesthetics of the show.
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years in feature film or television production, or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Film, Animation, or Fine Arts Recommended.
- Reel containing examples of work in live-action or animated film that exhibits a strong emphasis on visual storytelling, including staging, composition, and editing.
- A plus to have experience in action boards
- Proficiency in 2D storyboarding, or comparable form.
- Must be comfortable working extensively with computers. Experience with using 3D animation software required.
- Acting out the scene while working on it for the enjoyment of your coworkers also a plus!
The hiring range for this position in San Francisco is $120,149 to $150,186 per year.