This position is responsible for the development and implementation of effective publicity campaigns that generate awareness about our series and network for the young adult audience, resulting in impactful media coverage to support Freeform content across linear and digital platforms.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Los Angeles Area
Aug 29, 2023
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of effective publicity campaigns that generate awareness about our series and network for the young adult audience, resulting in impactful media coverage to support Freeform content across linear and digital platforms. Successful candidate will be an excellent writer and self-starter with 4+ years of experience creating and executing press opportunities for scripted and unscripted programming, as well as tentpole programming stunts. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, create and implement strategy, devise interesting pitch angles and make quick informed decisions as necessary. The workload varies, but the Sr. Publicist will juggle multiple shows at once as required. The ideal candidate should be curious, creative and have the ability to take risks and demonstrate big-picture thinking. They should have excellent follow up and attention to detail.
- Develop and execute innovative and culturally relevant publicity campaigns for Freeform programming, including scripted and unscripted series, as well as tentpole programming stunts (e.g., 25 Days of Christmas) to increase buzz and awareness.
- Responsible for sustaining strong media relationships with national and local print, broadcast and online outlets.
- Pitch, book and cover on-set interviews, write and edit press materials, coordinate and cover set visits, coordinate photographic coverage.
- Pitch and schedule talent bookings for broadcast appearances and attendance at events.
- Build and maintain strong communication and relationships with internal departments including but not limited to: Programming, Business Affairs, Production, Marketing, Photography and Digital Marketing to promote projects and initiatives.
- Establish and uphold relationships with talent, talent managers, talent publicists, executive producers and executives.
- Effectively present and communicate publicity strategies in meetings.
- Comfortable and strategic in the social media space and savvy about utilizing the social platforms to grow reach.
- Work with agencies on campaign strategies and multi-cultural outreach.
- Able to take direction, pivot easily and be readily responsive.
- Ability to travel and manage work-related commitments outside of standard business hours as needed.
- Minimum of 4 years related work experience required in a similar role.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage up when needed.
- Strong relationships with entertainment, multicultural, trade and beat reporters who cover the television business.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Occasional travel required <10%.
- 5+ years with show publicity experience.
- Editorial experience.
- Event planning or experiential activation work.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $75,200 to $103,400 per year.