WABE is seeking a dynamic, experienced Senior Production Accountant to support a wide variety of production content and oversee the accounting of multiple in-house productions.
WABE is seeking a dynamic, experienced Senior Production Accountant to support a wide variety of production content and oversee the accounting of multiple in-house productions. The chosen candidate will report to the VP of Finance and work closely with the line producer and production manager and be responsible for all production and associated cost reporting and accounting, managing production payroll, as well as various accounting duties within the department. Also collaborate very closely with the Georgia’s Film Office to ensure all qualified film tax credits are received. To be successful, the Senior Production Accountant must be driven, collaborative, a good communicator, a good listener, and one who builds trusting relationships while firmly upholding financial considerations.
- Monitor production budgets, analyze costs and expenditures, analyze cost reports, and forecast Estimated Final Costs.
- Work with production to gather and maintain appropriate start paperwork, deal memos, contracts, and timesheets for processing.
- Process production payroll.
- Manage production AP processes.
- Process bill-backs of corporate costs for WABE.
- Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts of WABE Studios.
- Lead the Film Tax Credit audit process for each production.
- Assist with financial month end close and daily accounting activity on tight deadlines.
- Review/audit expense reports ensuring compliance with the company policy.
- Calculate Georgia Film Tax Credits for each production.
- Deliver breakdown of Costs for GA Film Tax Credits
- Compile information for production company audits.
- Preparation of WABE Studios production company financial analysis as requested by management.
- Prepare production company information for inclusion in quarterly reporting, including revenue recognition according to the appropriate financial accounting framework.
- Possess outstanding critical thinking skills and enjoys working in challenging, fast-paced financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Prepares and analyzes regular periodic financial reporting, financial forecasts, and various specialized financial reports to assess financial condition.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements, researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- Keeps up to date on information and technology affecting financial operations to enable innovation and ensure compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 4-5 years of combined production and accounting experience.
- Five (5) or more years of experience at a management level in accounting and budgeting,
- Experience in film or TV production and knowledge of audit, tax, union, guild, and relevant government regulations.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the production process and experience with budgets and weekly cost reports.
- Ability to maintain high levels of accuracy in performing all essential duties.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and highly motivated/proactive.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as analytical skills.
- The ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and manage time effectively, manage work under pressure and manage tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and able to handle multiple requests in order of priority.
- BS/BA or higher in Accounting or Business
- General accounting experience, nonprofit accounting a plus
- Strong analytical skills with strategic focus
- Abila MIP Fund Accounting experience a plus.
- Prior auditing experience helpful
- Must be positive, hardworking and goal oriented.
- Change/Adaptability/Flexibility— Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Communication— Communicates well both verbally and in writing, shares information and ideas with others throughout the organization as appropriate, has active listening skills.
- Leadership and Initiative — Focused on results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets high standards and takes responsibility. Provides leadership and motivation.
- Collaboration— Works collaboratively with others to solve problems, achieve common goals. Listens to others and values opinions. Is open with other team members and expresses disagreement constructively. Seeks opportunities to work on teams to provide a financial perspective to projects.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
For consideration, submit cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324