This is a 12 Month Contract position with the option to work remotely. CBS Sports seeks an experienced and talented Sr. Design Leader to take charge of our multiplatform Sports Media portfolio.
CBS Sports seeks an experienced and talented Sr. Design Leader to take charge of our multiplatform Sports Media portfolio. This role involves leading and mentoring a team of 7+ product designers across CBS Sports (Pro Sports), MaxPreps (High School Sports), and 247 Sports (College Sports). Our portfolio spans various brands and platforms, including multiple Web products and Mobile Apps for both iOS & Android. We need someone who is not only a skilled leader but also passionate about creating phenomenal product experiences that align with our business objectives.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing a clear vision, driving an action plan, and delivering top-tier results. They should possess strong people leadership skills, enabling them to demonstrate the capabilities of their peers, direct reports, and associates while effectively influencing the executive team. This role will involve managing and mentoring designers, providing guidance, and fostering collaborative and creative processes that drive excellent execution.
In addition to design expertise, the successful candidate must demonstrate excellent business acumen, communication skills, and analytical abilities. They should be a team-player who can thrive in a dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks with meticulous attention to detail. Our design leaders are expected to lead by example, actively collaborating and driving high-priority projects while effectively managing their teams!
This is a 12 Month Contract position with the option to work remotely
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set design vision, practices, and goals, and oversee detail driven execution.
- Be a strategic partner to the VP of Design, VP of Product, EVP & General Manager, and Product Leaders to guide product experiences and company strategy.
- Be hands on with the work, driving and designing high-priority projects.
- Lead and develop a team of design leaders and product designers.
- Align design resources to company goals and product initiatives.
- Create organizational structure and processes that drive business impact.
- Cultivate design thinking grounded in customer research and analytics.
- Balance product, business, and user-centered goals to ship products users love.
- Recruit and develop extraordinary talent by coaching, managing, and mentoring teams of designers.
- 7+ years in UI/UX and Design leadership, ideally with a blend of experience across software, media, and consumer products.
- A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to deliver products with elegant interaction and visual design.
- Degree in Design or Art; Visual Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Motion, Architecture, Urban Planning, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study (or work experience in lieu of degree).
- Your background demonstrates a talent for launching successful and highly visible digital products in the consumer-facing marketplace. Your track record showcases an ability to balance conversion standard processes with brand-centric and human-centered design.
- Your past work shows an evident passion for the details of digital product design.
- You are an effective leader who can communicate and inspire all team levels.
- You have your finger on the pulse when it comes to your craft. Understand design trends and patterns while also staying aware of emerging technologies.
- You are comfortable working in the Agile methodology and design sprints.
- You can juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You are a strong listener and have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- You are calm under pressure, challenging assumptions respectfully, and open to receiving hard feedback.
- You can influence peers and managers to build consensus.
- Your curiosity constantly drives you to evaluate whether the status quo is the best solution.
- You are passionate about developing high-performance design teams at scale. Finding talent, building ICs, and fostering collaboration!
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Hiring Salary Range: $185,000.00 - 235,000.00.