You will lead publicity efforts in the US for a roster of artists and the company brand across digital, print, podcasts, TV outlets and more.
Warner Music Latina’s Communications and PR team is responsible for elevating the company’s internal and external brand and reputation through dynamic storytelling and activations. We proactively pitch and place stories and feature pieces, handle press inquiries, write internal and external announcements, prepare executive remarks, host internal and external events, and much more. We are a small but mighty team who are dedicated to amplifying and articulating the great work the company has accomplished. And of course, we share a passion for the music artists, songwriters, and labels we support.
This role reports directly to the SVP, Communications & PR for Warner Music Latina. You will lead publicity efforts in the US for a roster of artists and the company brand across digital, print, podcasts, TV outlets and more. You will partner with artists, labels, and internal teams to define artist branding and messaging, marketing and media targets for release campaigns. You will leverage a personal network of media contacts and partner with independent publicity agencies to secure artist coverage and opportunities. You will also collaborate on brand marketing including social media strategy, executive and employee press, industry events, and more. To be successful in this role, you will have creative problem-solving skills and a deep understanding of consumer marketing and cultural trends. This role is based in Miami.
Here you’ll get to:
- Develop and implement comprehensive communication strategies, overseeing the formatting and distribution of press releases and media communications.
- Lead and facilitate creative brainstorming sessions to create innovative and impactful communication strategies for the organization and its artists.
- Monitor and evaluate media coverage, compiling and presenting weekly reports of achieved publications to senior management.
- Prepare presentations using various tools such as PowerPoint and Canvas, ensuring they effectively convey key messages and drive business objectives.
- Manage and coordinate the release of promotional materials for Music Fridays, leveraging industry trends and audience insights to maximize impact.
- Drive artist exposure by delivering compelling pitches to media outlets, establishing and developing valuable media relationships.
- Coordinate the distribution of videos to relevant video channels.
- Create and distribute monthly reports highlighting priority artist achievements and performance.
- Develop and execute artist promotion strategies.
- Represent the organization at events and awards ceremonies, ensuring a strong presence and positive brand representation.
- Collaborate with finance teams to assist in budget planning and expense management related to communication and promotion activities.
- Facilitate travel arrangements and logistics.
- Support and collaborate with Label Managers in the marketing strategies for their artists.
- Cultivate and expand the organization's network of media contacts in the US and Puerto Rico territories.
- Analyze TV show ratings and audience insights to inform communication strategies and optimize media placements.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in communications, public relations, and/or media relations.
- Experience handling multiple projects, as well as the ability to prioritize and manage your time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to develop and executive communication strategies aligned with organizational goals and target strategies.
- Available to travel within the U.S. and Mexico for various events/conferences
- Strong expertise in building and maintaining media relationships, effectively pitching stories, and securing media coverage.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, A&R, digital, and finance.
We’d love it if you also had:
- Experience working across a media or entertainment brand.
- Journalism/Communications degree a plus.