The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the monthly process around content accounting for US Domestic Networks within Turner Networks.
Greater Atlanta Area, Knoxville, Tennessee Area
Aug 25, 2023
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the monthly process around content accounting for US Domestic Networks within Turner Networks. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and analysis of content related activity. The Senior Accountant reports to the Manager, Global Content Accounting.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Content Accounting: Work with the team to execute all monthly and quarterly content accounting tasks for assigned areas. These tasks include, but are not limited to: analyzing programming content on a monthly basis, recording month end journal entries, preparing account reconciliations, performing contract audits, and serving as a business partner with finance and production management to resolve contract questions and issues. Demonstrate knowledge of and perform duties in accordance with GAAP/Accounting guidance, global policies and procedures, and SOX controls.
- Other Tasks: Complete ad hoc requests as needed. Perform tasks to achieve team and company goals such as, but not limited to, clearing intercompany outages amongst different business units, and process improvement initiatives.
- Audit: Includes accurate and timely submission of requested documentation from internal and external auditors. Address any questions resulting from audit.
- S4 HANA: Support and work with larger content accounting team to assist the S4 HANA project team in the planning, design, and implementation of the new technology system.
Qualifications & Experience…
- BS/BA in accounting from an accredited university
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- CPA or path to CPA preferred
- Experience with an SEC registrant desired
- Experience with SAP and Blackline strongly preferred
- Attention to detail, accuracy and strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team members at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Embraces change driven by evolving business initiatives and maintains positivity when time-sensitive milestones shift