Mexico City, Mexico: Sports Producer for CNN en Español is an integral part of the Sports production team, as they work closely with show producers and CNNE Digital team in creating and generating cross platform content, putting together content and shows by helping producers execute them from beginning to end.
Jan 30, 2024
Sports Producer for CNN en Español is an integral part of the Sports production team, as they work closely with show producers and CNNE Digital team in creating and generating cross platform content, putting together content and shows by helping producers execute them from beginning to end.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- The Producer will collaborate in communication and delivery of cross platform needs, insuring all elements are prepared properly for air, and that all system records include accurate details.
- Assist producers with their editorial needs, including curating of stories in line with the tone and theme for their show. Find and drive story ideas, and assist producers in the vetting process. S/he will research and analyze video, images and text to assist producers in telling the story accordingly with accurate facts and images. The Producer logs interviews and b/roll and selects relevant content for cross platform use. S/he may write scripts and will create daily show highlights to distribute for cross platform usage.
- The Producer has the ability to perform desktop and non-craft editing. S/he works closely with graphic artists and the Image + Sound (editing) department to order, gather and produce graphic elements and other material to enhance stories and cross platform content. Work with Newsgathering and Multiplatform for content selection and production.
- Assist with the finding and vetting in booking guests for the show and maintain the sports social media platforms.
- Coordinate closely with media supervisors at Media Operations, the international, national and affiliates desks to gather relevant video, sound and packages, and any other relevant content.
- Assist supervisors and producers in the control room with daily show production and live/breaking news coverage, as needed. Produce live shots, coordinate logistics with correspondents, field producers, bureaus, digital and freelancers/contributors.
- This role does not have on-air responsibilities.
Qualifications & Experience…
- Fluent in Spanish and have “high level conversant and written English”
- Two years as an Associate Producer, Writer/Producer or Producer in local news, cable, digital, social media or at the network level.
- Must have strong news awareness, editorial judgement, production, digital and social media skills
- Must have the desire to work in a 24-hour newsroom environment and the ability to react quickly and calmly to breaking news situations; ability to handle matters professionally in changing and challenging situations and react quickly under duress.
- Multi-platform content production as a + for any candidate
- Effective written and oral communication skills. This includes the ability to analyze and communicate editorial details as it specifically applies to content.
- Attention to detail and ability to work well under deadline pressure.
- Knowledge of how newscasts and digital are put together and what is required to get video on air or online.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Non-linear editing skills with software such as FCP, Adobe Creative Suite; Knowledge of iNews is extremely beneficial; Understanding of graphics, social media and non-linear production is essential.
- Able to solve problems and learn new technology quickly and adapt to changing technology.
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgment and be willing to work whenever needed.
- Candidates must be extremely flexible and willing to support breaking news and coverage needs in all day parts.
- Bachelor's Degree (typically in liberal arts, journalism, English, political science) or equivalent job experience