The E.W. Scripps Company is looking for a unique national news producer who’s ready to create innovative content and add a stylized look while fronting that content. This producer will work remotely while having their work air across the country, including in big markets including Tampa, Phoenix and Detroit.
Live Event / On Location Services
Mar 21, 2023
Are you tired of the same old news formula? Do you want to bring a fresh perspective to the industry? The E.W. Scripps Company is looking for a unique national news producer who’s ready to create innovative content and add a stylized look while fronting that content. This producer will work remotely while having their work air across the country, including in big markets including Tampa, Phoenix and Detroit. We want a passionate and creative team player to produce, shoot, front and edit timely, relevant, and compelling content for our streaming and broadcast properties in Scripps markets.
The Specialty Producer produces and fronts compelling stories for multiple platforms with a focus on timely, in-depth and enterprise topics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Researches, develops, and plans content coverage for multiple platforms with a focus on Streaming. This may include live streaming or preproduced segments or repurposing existing content to enhance the end product.
- Writes, edits and fronts scripts.
- Works closely with other content producers as stories are produced for multiple platforms.
- Edits desktop video with Final Cut Pro X.
- Works with editors to utilize graphics and other tools to visually enhance storytelling.
- May lead special projects, conduct interviews, and enterprise original story ideas.
- May be involved in repurposing existing content to be showcased in a unique way.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years as a television news writer, producer, or MMJ with a background in enterprise or investigative journalism preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel law
- Solid understanding and demonstration of multimedia file formats and strong computer skills.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws impacting operations.
- Must be a team player and adapt to developing situations quickly.
- Must be an excellent conversational writer with solid news judgement and a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
Some travel may be required.