Select, NBC News and CNBC’s fast-growing product recommendation and shopping site, is seeking a multiskilled and detail-obsessed Social Video Producer to focus on creating original videos optimized for social media platforms, including but not limited to TikTok and Instagram Reels, for our growing NYC-based social media team.
Greater New York City Area
Jan 31, 2023
The ideal candidate will have a passion for high-quality service journalism and the drive to help grow a new brand in a crowded market, as well as the ability to creatively package, edit and source video content that will resonate and help build an engaged social following.
What you'll do:
- Create short- and long-form video content for mobile, social and digital audiences.
- Generate unique, original video pitches both independently and in partnership with the Select social media team.
- Storyboard, edit and produce original videos under tight deadlines.
- Utilize text, graphics, original footage and third-party footage to build engaging video stories.
- Optimize videos to fit time and size best practices of different social media platforms including Instagram Reels and TikTok.
- Repurpose video created in other formats and edit them so they are fit for social media.
- Test and develop content frameworks to build recognizable “series” content.
- Help curate and follow an organic content calendar with the social media team, facilitating reposts and fresh treatments of timely or high-performing content.
- Provide constructive production and editorial feedback to Select editors who may be shooting video.
Salary Range: $65,000-$85,000
What you'll bring:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a video editor in social media
- Examples or a portfolio of high-quality, engaging social video work
- Experience in the commerce editorial space a plus
- Experience for a major news brand a plus
- Sound editorial and journalistic judgement
- Demonstrated knowledge of online content management systems and multimedia storytelling
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills under deadline pressure
- General knowledge of social media best practices, capabilities and trends
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Premiere or other video editing software and mid-level knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
- Strong ability to shoot video with both production equipment and mobile phones
- Attention to detail and ability to make quick decisions
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, energetic environment and be a team player
- Ability to approach roadblocks analytically and thoughtfully