The Social & Digital Media Editor with 10 News First is a crucial role in helping to shape and drive the news strategy across our online platforms.
The Social & Digital Media Editor with 10 News First is a crucial role in helping to shape and drive the news strategy across our online platforms. The role requires a strong understanding of the news cycle, digital and social media; generating stories, sourcing and curating pitches; sub-editing copy and basic design and video knowledge.
This is a permanent full-time role based in our SYDNEY newsroom.
Enough about us! What you’ll do as a Social & Digital Media Editor:
- Help manage and strategise 10 News First’s social presence on all off platform – across social media, YouTube & digital media.
- Assist daily operations of editorial, curate the news list and lead sub-editing for social & digital team
- Lead social coverage during live events or breaking news, which may include working out of office hours or on weekends as required
- Help plan and produce engaging, unique and exciting content for 10’s social editorial accounts to maximise audience engagement, monetisation and brand presence.
- Develop excellent relationships with 10 News First presenters and wider Paramount stakeholders
- Coordinate with legal department for sensitive news stories
- Lead social community management and comment moderation strategy
- Leverage social channels to source and gather content
- Use data, social learnings and regular reporting – meeting team KPIs
What are we looking for in a Social & Digital Media Editor? What’s important?
- 8-10 years’ experience in a social media and/or digital role within news organisation/newsroom
- Experience with real-time analytics, social management and share tools
- Adept understanding of social platforms, design/copywriting for each channel
- YouTube optimisation strategy and implementation experience
- High attention to detail and excellent sub-editing skills
- Strong experience using video and image editing software such as Canva, Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
- Exceptional communication skills, stakeholder management and ability to coordinate with a national team via Slack or Teams
- Experience and understanding of commercial news opportunities and optimisation
- Ability to work under pressure in a broadcast and digital news environment
- Proven understanding of the news cycle and reporting
- An understanding of social driven revenue strategies
- Experience leading teams, rostering, running editorial and sourcing pitches