Our team of developers is growing, and we are on the hunt for a Senior Systems Designer to join the Diablo IV team. Design and develop gameplay systems, mechanics, and features that enhance player engagement and enjoyment throughout the game's lifecycle.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Nov 21, 2023
Lilith is here and minions of Hell are growing stronger...
Our team of developers is growing, and we are on the hunt for a Senior Systems Designer to join the Diablo IV team. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
As a Senior Systems Designer on the Diablo IV team, you embark on an epic journey, wielding your creative prowess to breathe life and innovation into our game systems. You will be responsible for shaping and fine-tuning game systems, mechanics, and balance to deliver an exceptional player experience. Your role will be critical in ensuring the live and balanced aspects of the game, contributing to the ongoing success and satisfaction of the player community.
- Design and develop gameplay systems, mechanics, and features that enhance player engagement and enjoyment throughout the game's lifecycle.
- Continuously assess and adjust game balance, including character abilities, items, enemies, and progression, to ensure a fair and rewarding experience for all players.
- Work on the design of itemization systems, including loot tables, rarity, and affixes, to ensure a satisfying and diverse item progression experience.
- Create and balance player character skills, abilities, and talent systems to provide diverse and meaningful choices for character customization.
- Design character progression systems, including leveling, experience, and skill trees, to ensure a rewarding and immersive player journey.
- Use scripting tools to create, iterate, and balance game mechanics and systems.
- Work closely with our user-testing teams during play-balancing to provide expert feedback.
What you Bring
- 5 years’ experience in game design, with a strong focus on system design and balance, especially in live-service games.
- A deep understanding of the Diablo franchise and a strong passion for the series, with a clear vision of how to maintain the franchise's identity while evolving its systems.
- Proven experience with game development tools, programming/scripting languages.
- Previous experience in live-service game development and post-launch content updates is highly desirable.
- Extensive experience developing or playing action RPG titles.
- Proven experience with programming/scripting languages.
- Expertise writing high and low-level documentation (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, etc.).
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual.