America’s Test Kitchen (ATK) is seeking a customer-focused Product Manager to lead our team overseeing our online Cooking School experience. Work with your product team and the GM of the Cooking School product to define the key initiatives that will address the target business problems for the digital content experience.
America’s Test Kitchen (ATK) is seeking a customer-focused Product Manager to lead our team overseeing our online Cooking School experience.
As the Cooking School PM, you will work on a cross-functional team that includes Product Design, Editorial, and Engineering to re-imagine and optimize our cooking education offering for a mobile-first audience, and play a crucial role in defining and executing the strategy and roadmap.
If you are a curious, collaborative, enthusiastic candidate, ideally with a background in consumer digital products, we’d love to hear from you.
- Work with your product team and the GM of the Cooking School product to define the key initiatives that will address the target business problems for the digital content experience. Your team will set KPIs and target goals for each quarter, and be accountable for meeting them.
- You will develop a deep understanding of the consumer. You will deeply understand data (qualitative and quantitative) to make informed decisions supported by business cases, market research, customer data, competitive analysis, and financial assessments.
- You will nurture an intensely collaborative environment for your product team, in which you focus on outcomes rather than output.
- You are equally adept at the early product development lifecycle stages of discovery as you are with the build phase.
- You will create, maintain, and communicate the team strategy, vision, roadmap, and program backlog to the agile team, stakeholders, and senior leadership.
- You will document user stories and acceptance criteria for team functionality and work closely with engineering and design to break down stories into features, tasks, and project plans.
- You will work closely with other product managers and leadership to define dependencies and requirements needed from other teams and departments to support all customer-facing features and business initiatives.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including development, editorial, QA, design, and marketing to ensure delivery of high-quality products.
Skills you’ll need
Communication and collaboration
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can work collaboratively across a wide range of technical and non-technical colleagues, and at all levels.
- You can break down, organize, and communicate complex information and decisions in a clear way for a variety of audiences.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity, willing to ask questions, and vocal about what you need for you and the company to be successful.
- You’re a problem solver, a critical thinker, and have a strong bias towards action.
- You’re even-keeled in the face of pressure, you are generous with sharing credit and acknowledgments, and you are unafraid to own when you don’t know the answer.
Software development and planning
- You have in-depth knowledge and experience working with agile development principles and processes.
- You can plan to support long-term business needs and usage growth.
- You can perform financial and quantitative analyses to support product decisions.
Additional qualifications and experience
- BS or BA.
- 4+ years in product management.
- You have a passion for solving consumer problems.
- Background in edtech is highly desirable.
This position is located in our Boston, MA office in the Seaport district. It is the expectation that the person in this role will work a hybrid schedule of 3 days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday) in the office and 2 days per week remotely.