The Senior News Producer works closely with the Executive News Producer and other Newsroom managers in the creation, showcasing, and execution of content across multiple platforms, and for the most innovative news organization in Texas.
Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Dec 06, 2023
The Senior News Producer works closely with the Executive News Producer and other Newsroom managers in the creation, showcasing, and execution of content across multiple platforms, and for the most innovative news organization in Texas. This position requires strong creativity, editorial, legal, and administrative judgment. This position will report to the Executive News Producer.
- Work directly with the Executive News Producer in creating, developing, and implementing news strategies.
- Collaborate with NBC 5 as our duopoly partners in daily news and big story planning and execution.
- Conceptualizing, designing, innovating, and creating engaging and appealing content, projects, and segments.
- Capable of producing, co-producing, and line-producing any show.
- Have full understanding of each show’s strategy based on the target audience
- Select, assign an organize news stories
- Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy
- Capable of maintaining an on-going breaking news story on the air
- Assist with the training of news producers, new strategies, or changes on workflows
- Work with Video Journalists to improve story and presentation
- Editing skills to edit video clips
- Writing: (1) News writing is accurate, detailed, and balanced, (2) storytelling skills focused on facts, balanced emotions, smooth with a clear and logical flow, (3) trustworthy and tailored for news talent/anchors to present on-air.
- Promotional and Topical Writer: Creatively tease viewers with key points, video, and audio…sell the story without giving away the content.
- On-line – Occasionally assist with web copies, Streaming, OTT, Social Media, Mobile App, and Podcast productions, uploads, and/or executions.
- Production: Great understanding of the production capabilities to help showcase newscasts, produce breaking news and specials.
- Editorial and Ethics: Strong journalist and ethical background. Clear understanding of our viewers and type of stories they want. Be aware of current events that are relevant to our community and resent with an ethical and credible focus.
- Administrative: Assist with producer schedules
- Will write news scripts, promotional teasers, headlines, and topicals
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a daily newscast and TV produce
- Ability to create urgent and interesting news copy
- Skilled social media user, who uses Facebook, Twitter and other platforms to build content and attract viewers
- Proven track record of executing live events and newscasts
- Must be willing to work in Dallas Fort Worth area just south of DFW airport
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
- BA or BS in Journalism, communications or related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to develop a story in an in-depth presentation
- Connect the viewers & newscast with social media, surveys, opinions, calls, etc.
- News judgment with solid ethical decision process
- Strong English, reading, writing and speaking
- Highly competitive nature
- Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills a must
- Must have leadership qualities, be detail oriented, organized and able to handle intense deadline pressure
- Ability to perform under tight time deadlines
- Knowledge of libel law and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Team player who is flexible