The Media Asset Management team is looking to hire a Senior Media Asset Manager. Ensure reception of all Post Production Deliverables into Studios tooling and AWS S3 (as outlined in the Post Delivery Schedules).
The Media Asset Management team is looking to hire a Senior Media Asset Manager.
The Media Asset Management team is responsible for ensuring that all Post Production Deliverables (for Freevee and Amazon Studios Series) are received, adhere to technical specifications, follow mandated file naming conventions, and pass Quality Control (QC). This team also ensures that all Post Production Deliverables are properly migrated into a centralized and accessible location for future access, worldwide distribution, long-term archiving, and preservation.
In addition, the team collaborates with the Technology, Delivery, and Post Management teams to establish Dailies workflow and delivery of Original Capture Files (OCF) to Studios AWS S3.
The Media Asset Management team partners with Post Management, Delivery, and Technology teams to standardize/revise Post Production Deliverables and their respective technical specifications to keep up with industry standards and provide clear guidance to productions on Best Standards and Practices. This also ensures that the highest quality of content is maintained and delivered according to the Post Delivery Schedules.
This team also collaborates closely with the Technology teams by providing archival, file organization, and storage best practices and recommendations as well as usability feedback and desired functionality for internal proprietary tooling (including the Studios Digital Asset Management-DAM-system).
Key job responsibilities
• Ensure reception of all Post Production Deliverables into Studios tooling and AWS S3 (as outlined in the Post Delivery Schedules).
• Confirm all Post Production Deliverables adhere to technical specifications, follow mandated file naming conventions, pass QC, and are properly stored within Studio’s tooling and cloud infrastructure.
• Collaborate with the Post Management and Delivery teams regularly to ensure best practices are communicated to Productions.
• Audit all Post Production Deliverables during production, archive and wrap and work closely with the Delivery team to flag and track down missing deliverables.
• Liaise with the Delivery team to confirm the delivery of any physical assets into Studio’s archive.
• Develop best practices for Amazon’s media asset management practice in support of global content monetization opportunities for all potential distribution platforms.
• Collaborate with the Technology, Delivery, and Post Management teams to confirm Dailies workflow and delivery of OCF. This includes establishing file transfer mechanisms, communicating Studio’s requirements for file/folder organization and structure within AWS S3, and validating receipt of assets.
• Generate weekly reporting of Dailies/OCF files to confirm with Productions that all assets have been received.
• Manage the delivery and confirm receipt of final audio into AWS S3. Order audio validation and file integrity checks with third party (3P) vendors. Oversee delivery of final/validated audio into AWS S3 for indexing and ingest into Studios DAM.
• Work with the Technology team on feature enhancements/requests/improvements for Studios proprietary tooling and DAM system.
• As proprietary tooling expands, learn and train on new platforms.
• Collaborate with Technology teams to improve existing operational workflows by identifying problem areas and providing smart solutions.
• Work on high impact/complex initiatives that requires cross collaboration with various teams.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Culver City, CA, USA
- BA/BS Required
- 8+ years of experience within a Studios Post Production, Asset/Management Operations, Post Delivery or freelance Post Production role
- 8+ years of experience in Project Management for episodic content or feature films
- Prior experience in Post Production processes and facilities required
- Post Production Delivery & Archive practices knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of SDR/HDR/Dolby Vision/Atmos workflows
- Thorough knowledge of digital media assets, file sequence management and file formats required
- Knowledge of VFX deliverables
- Ability to coordinate and track high volume of work through an end-to-end workflow. This includes working on high profile/tentpole programming.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
The base pay for this position ranges from $84,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $179,800/year in our highest geographic market.