This role will ensure the expansion of the “Sony” philosophy and elevate the brand vision, voice, strategy for all Sony IP that will be pushed globally from this centralized model while helping build infrastructure, pipelines and protocol across the Regional Brand Management and Creative Center in Latin America.
Jan 27, 2023
The purpose of this position is to provide ideation, creative and subsequent execution in specific service of, but not limited to, Latin America and US Hispanic Sony Pictures International Production, Sales and Distribution, Distribution Marketing, Theatrical, PR, and Sony Networks across the region on all platforms. Must master critical thinking, creative strategy and design and be a leader of the department. This position reports into the Regional Art Director of the Regional Internal Agency (Creative Center).
- Ideates strategic design solutions specifically in regards to both Sony original and acquired properties- is a great storyteller.
- Ideate branding initiatives for all our internal clients that includes servicing Networks and Fast Channels. Ideate design solutions for Networks: AXn and Sony Channel and US Hispanic Fast Channels: Canal Sony Comedias, Novelas, Competencias, Shark Tank, Escape Perfect, etc. Service constituents from Regional Sales and Distribution, Distribution Marketing, Ad Sales, PR, Adquicitions, etc. ideating and executing brand (B2B, B2C, direct to consumer) campaigns and deliverables.
- In addition, Sr. Designer (SD) must be able to work as a team member, but also be a resourceful self-starter and an adept leader and managing teams across all disciplines.
- Must be an effective liason between various groups within Sony Pictures Entertainment as well as external agencies and vendors.
- Must exhibit strong leadership skills and the ability to see projects from concept through execution with minimal supervision.
- SD should exhibit strong business acumen and impeccable presentation skills.
- Must have the ability and focus to mentor designers, vendors and creative staff.
- Proficient working knowledge of Abobe Creative Suite, Keynote, PPT required.
- Excellent photoshop, illustration, typography, AE, compositing, C4D skills.
- Proficient knowledge of various social platforms preferred.
- Is able to take and give creative direction and relishes collaboration and growth.
- Required to meet budgets and quick turnaround deadlines.
- Internal or External Agency experience is a must.
- SD is a great communicator and is punctual.
- He/she maintains an efficient workflow and process and promptly communicates any issues regarding design and production to management.
- Accurately documents work related information via work orders, etc.
- Works hand-in-hand with Production and Operations.
- Manages assets and archives projects accordingly and understands delivery.
- Exhibit willingness to take on responsibilities outside of his/her job description and has the ability to respond to business demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Presents a positive and professional attitude to stakeholders and co-workers.
- SD is a great communicator and is punctual.
- She/he maintains familiarity with current culture, design and marketing trends, social platforms and the relevance of fans and audiences.
- Exhibits an innate sense of curiosity.
- Experience in a self-starter/ leadership role w/ management experience in an agency environment
- 6-8 years in design and production (broadcast, digital, print)
- Expert proficiency using Adobe CC, PowerPoint. Keynote experience a plus
- Ability to manage projects from concept through execution unsupervised
- Prolific storyteller
- Strong proficiency in branding initiatives
- Passionate about original, acquired and library content, social, events and global branding initiatives
- Experience in storyboarding narratives, concept creation and production execution
- Experience in live action, 2D animation, 3D and VEFX, compositing, sonic branding
- Bachelor Degree in Fine Art, Graphic Design or Film
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Deep knowledge of social platforms.
- Creativity, leadership, ability to think strategically, innovation, teamwork, ability to multi-task, communication skills, time management and prioritization skills a must
- In addition to having a passion for all types of content, this individual also has his/ her finger on the pulse of pop culture and social trends in design, marketing and advertising.
- He/she is passionate about strategic branding and creative and the elevation of these brands.
- He/she is interested in entering, creating and sustaining an informed dialogue with the fan base from existing platforms as well as discovering additional avenues to engage new audiences specifically regarding social content creation.