The Senior Effects TD operates independently to generate FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Jan 11, 2023
The Senior Effects TD also completes lighting, rendering and moderate-level compositing of complex shots with guidance from their supervisors.
What You'll Do
- Design and create FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems
- Light complex/multiple elements; communicates status of shots to supervisors and Production
- Provide accurate time estimates for shotwork
- Hand off elements to other departments i.e. comp and rendering teams
- Present shot work in dailies; attend dailies and other department meetings
- Mentor junior effects artists
- Data management of shots including clean up
- Special projects as needed
What We're Looking For
- At least 5 years relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least 7 years relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates an excellent aesthetic eye
- Exhibits strong teamwork and interdisciplinary thinking
- Production pipeline experience
- Strong communication and follow-through
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Experience with either Maya, 3DS Max, Houdini, or similar software
- Basic understanding of the physics of simulation
- Linux and scripting ability in Python
- Advanced simulation experience with either Houdini, Maya, 3DS Max or other software, and the ability to write expressions