WTOL 11 is seeking an executive producer for the digital team. This skilled journalist will take a leading role in guiding WTOL 11's digital team and our digital presence, content, optimization, streaming, and staff training.
Toledo, Ohio Area
Aug 03, 2022
This person also will play an active role in the daily editorial process by being a digital voice to help inform editorial decision-making. As a manager, the person in this role will also assist in day-to-day digital team management.
- Works with the news digital team and digital management to coordinate daily news efforts working continually with broadcast producers for multiple-screen show experiences.
- Uses metrics and social listening to find, pitch, and produce unique content and story angles.
- Assists in managing and developing a team of digital content producers
- Focuses on accuracy and balance in digital articles and social content through copy editing and training of staff
- Guide team members on where and how to find story ideas and information, including how to use metrics and social listening to be audience-focused with coverage
- Helps to train digital team and extended news department on best digital practices - including SEO and headline writing - to create engaging content that is specific to platforms
- Helps foster an environment that champions original, digital-first content production
- Aggressively covers breaking news for digital/social platforms through breaking news alerts, live streams, social posts and web articles
- Helps create strategy and drive growth of WTOL 11's OTT apps and uses data to establish and manage video strategy
- Uses data to establish and manage video strategy
- Is a skilled copy editor
- Is well versed in online metrics such as Google Analytics, CrowdTangle, YouTube Studio, etc.
- Has a keen interest in emerging digital trends and evolving consumption habits
- Minimum 4 years producing and showcasing digital and social content in a newsroom
- Skilled copy editor
- Skilled video producer and editor
- Understanding of copyright law, music rights and basic journalism legal principals
- Well-versed in online metrics such as Google Analytics, YouTube Studio, CrowdTangle, etc.
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems, Basic HTML, live stream technology and social media algorithms
- BS/BA in related field - journalism, communications, broadcast
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.