NetherRealm Studios is seeking an experienced Senior Designer for our Mobile Team. Here at NetherRealm we focus on the highest quality gaming experiences for both console & mobile.
Be part of a gamer-focused culture and work with franchises such as Mortal Kombat and Injustice.
Candidates must be able to work proactively with high level goals from the Lead Designer while also being adept at communication with other disciplines such as Product Management, Art, Animation, and Tech. This position requires knowledge and experience in live mobile game ops.
Preferably candidates have experience working with external partners, especially international.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Partner with other disciplines such as Product Management to tune systems using both hard data from metrics as well as feedback from players & community.
- Support NetherRealm’s quality standards for all our games, both mobile & console.
- Work closely with external partners. Strong communication skills are a must.
- Develop, own, and maintain character and gear progression / growth systems.
- Maintain communications with Product Management and external partners.
- Review project roadmaps, assist in creating designs for updates
- Review deliverables from external partners, assist when required
- Balancing and systems maintenance and creation (when necessary for new systems)
- Mentor junior designers on external partner teams
Qualifications & Experience..
- Development experience with a successful top tier mobile or social game.
- 5+ years in the overall gaming industry; 3+ in mobile or social gaming.
- Deep understanding of the mobile gaming industry, trends, best practices, and standards.
- Expert at using Excel and other spreadsheets.
- Experience working with Product Management preferred
- Experience working with international developers preferred
- Experience with UE3 or UE4 preferred but not required.