Cinesite Montreal is seeking a Senior Compositor to join our VFX Compositing team.
Oct 28, 2022
The ideal candidate should be motivated and well-organized, with the desire to work within a fast-paced team of highly-skilled and experienced artists.
- Work with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor to evaluate the creative and technical approach to assigned shots.
- Take briefs and direction from Lead Compositors and VFX Supervisors to execute assigned shots.
- Integrate 2D, 3D and live action elements to high-end visual effects film standard
- Meet schedules and show deadlines.
- Communicate clearly with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines.
- Take responsibility for workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors.
- Balance the creative and technical aspects of assigned shots.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Extensive working experience with node-based compositing systems. Nuke experience is essential.
- A good understanding of photographic principles and CG Compositing techniques is essential.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of working on high-end projects within a film post-production environment.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work well in a team and a sound knowledge of post-production for films.
- Working experience on stereoscopic projects, either stereoscopic compositing or conversion of monoscopic footage to stereo, is advantageous but not essential.
- Strong knowledge of color space principles.
- The ability to work well within a team environment and take direction from Cinesite’s Producers and Supervisors as appropriate.