Creating 2D designs for different types of assets (characters, props, sets, FX) depending on skill set.
Toronto, ON, Canada
May 24, 2023
Purpose: Why you’re here at Brown Bag Films
• To create artwork that communicates the creative vision of the designated show’s director and art director, in line with the workflow and pipeline needs and to a consistent style and to the quality level required.
• To coach and develop the work of other 2D Designers in the team, problem solving as appropriate (Lead only).
Delivery: What you produce
• Timely production of assets and technical breakdowns
• Clear 2D designs and texture callouts to inform other departments
• Creative solutions to technical problems that may arise
• Pipeline and IT tickets.
Measurements: How we measure it
• Completion of tasks within agreed schedule
• Handling of revisions and tweaks effectively
• Team development & technical capability (Lead only).
Key Responsibilities Responsibilities: What you are regularly responsible for doing
• Creating 2D designs for different types of assets (characters, props, sets, FX) depending on skill set.
• Creating texture and colour callouts for different types of assets (characters, props, sets, FX) depending on skill set.
• Collaborating with the production and CG teams in order to meet demands of the pipeline.
• Proactively problem solving; creating the IT and pipeline tickets to address any technical problems for the department.
• Logging time into time logging software daily.
Key Requirements Requirements for the role: Things that help you do your job (what is essential & what is desirable)
• Solid working knowledge of CG pipeline and animation environment.
• Working as a 2D Designer (or similar position) in either broadcast or feature film work (desirable). With asset tracking systems (e.g. Shotgun) (desirable).