NBC News NOW is seeking a Segment Producer to join our Stay Tuned NOW team. This position will work a 1pm – 9pm ET shift. We’re looking for a journalist with experience working in LIVE news programming who can produce stories that are visually compelling/impactful and can work well with a team to make it happen.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Feb 07, 2024
NBC News NOW is seeking a Segment Producer to join our Stay Tuned NOW team. This position will work a 1pm – 9pm ET shift.
We are expanding and growing NBC News Now big time and fast. Our Stay Tuned Now with Gadi Schwartz team is looking for a segment producer who is on top of must see stories for our primetime program. We’re looking for a journalist with experience working in LIVE news programming who can produce stories that are visually compelling/impactful and can work well with a team to make it happen. Successful candidates will thrive in a breaking news, fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
Get in touch if you’re a great producer who writes compelling copy, has a strong visual sensibility and loves collaborating on a team.
But hurry. We’ve got a lot to do.
This position is represented by the News Guild – NY CWA.
- Research, write and produce strong editorial copy with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with team members, correspondents and anchors. You have to be able to work well in a team environment.
- Produce live segments, including writing sharp questions and identifying the strongest possible elements
- Be proficient in editing video and sots. Being able to work in either avid or premier, and be willing to train to get to speed on both.
- Have capability to produce and edit packages, and also work with editor to do so.
- Pitch the most relevant, timely and compelling ideas for day-of and future segments
- Multi-task and juggle producing multiple stories for regular and breaking-news programming
- Quality check all video content. Check and double check your work to ensure accuracy
- Keep senior producers and the EP up to date with daily news development of assigned stories
- You’ve been working in broadcast, streaming or cable news for 5+ years – preferably working on live daily shows or in and around a control room
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent editing skills
- You are willing to work in New York, New York
- Must be willing to work a 1pm – 9pm ET, Monday – Friday shift.
- You’ve got thorough knowledge of current events
- Excellent editorial judgment
- You’ve got big ideas and the journalistic writing and research skills to bring them to life
- You’re familiar with iNEWS
- You live for the moments when news is breaking and time to air is short
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary range: $85,000 - $110,000.