Do you love pop culture and entertainment news? What about trends, viral videos, and social media? We are looking for a Segment Producer to deliver and execute creative content around a variety of topics including entertainment news, human interest, true crime, and even celebrity features.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jan 24, 2024
Do you love pop culture and entertainment news? What about trends, viral videos, and social media? We are looking for a Segment Producer to deliver and execute creative content around a variety of topics including entertainment news, human interest, true crime, and even celebrity features. Reporting to the Executive Producer and Supervising Producer, as well as working closely with our Production teams, this role will be responsible for the execution of daily editorial content covering an array of topics in a variety of forms, from games to transformations to interviews.
From day in and day out producing to red carpets and award shows, this person will be able to work collaboratively to create engaging television. This position will execute segments in studio, be able to produce in the field and at offsite interviews when needed, and work well within a team environment. Must be comfortable developing ideas that work across all media including on air, digital, and social media.
- Produce original and engaging editorial pieces for broadcast as assigned by the Supervising producer; including, but not limited to, efficient and timely preparation of assignment sheets; shoot preparation and follow-up, working closely with post and stage to ensure deliverables are on time and monitoring of the program to ensure accuracy.
- Work closely with Production team members to ensure budget expectations are met, staffing needs are communicated, and post/deliverables are executed on time.
- Write scripts and execute story telling visually through the selection of appropriate still and video images within budget and time parameters and while maintaining factual accuracy.
- Oversee content from conceptualization through the various stages of execution, to include: Research/ Writing/Producing/ Post and Voiceover direction.
- Identify and pitch story opportunities, finding the unique story angle while maintaining factual accuracy.
- Book guests and human interest stories as necessary and in conjunction with bookers.
- Diligence with production paperwork including shoot reports and music reporting, legal guidelines, journalistic standards, and adhering to the on air working practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years experience in a similar role within a television broadcast, news station, network or creative agency environment.
- Experience with iNews or ENPS delivery systems preferred.
- Must have ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings, due to news and breaking news cycle and event coverage as needed.
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- A passion for television in general and entertainment news in particular. Awareness of trends, viral videos, and breaking news across all social media platforms.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of production.
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize and multitask a wide range of responsibilities.
- Creative thinker with the skills and imagination to produce content that engages viewers including games, transformations, and stories about real people.
- A clear understanding of current trends in the industry, social media, OTT, etc.
- Ability to write strong and distinctive copy.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines within a prescribed budget.
- Good interpersonal skills, both in contributing to the creative team as well as in representing the department throughout the company.
- Demonstrated ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure.
- Basic knowledge of editing desired, but willingness to learn is sufficient, with expectation that material can be delivered from producer directly to studio when necessary.
- Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
Salary range: $85,000 - $110,000