Ensure that all sets are styled to support product sells, branding, and proper QVC image. This includes: requisition of props and/or styling needs for shows, making sure sets are air-worthy and giving sets a final review before going on air.
Live Event / On Location Services
May 26, 2023
The Scenic Stylist has the authority and responsibility to execute QVC's daily scenic styling and product display requirements.
Open shift is for Wednesday through Saturday, 3pm to 1am. Any candidates must be comfortable working and available for this shift.
Who We Are
The Scenic Stylist assures QVC's on air scenic styling is tasked styling our studio sets, following our high production and safety standards and has the authority to correct inappropriate scenic styling or product displays.
- Ensure that all sets are styled to support product sells, branding, and proper QVC image. This includes: requisition of props and/or styling needs for shows, making sure sets are air-worthy and giving sets a final review before going on air.
- Interpret design direction from Scenic Design Partners, choosing appropriate props, furniture and styling needs for live show.
- Develop overall set style of particular shows turning empty sets into environments appropriate to the brand/product line.
- Explore new ways of styling product and set that present the product in the best possible way to help maximize sales.
- Collaborate with TV Production, Broadcast Operations and Vendors to support the live show and handle last minute scheduling changes.
- Follow camera blocking specifications when styling sets to maximize on air look
- Use the Scenic Direction, Show and Product Blueprints when determining final set styling direction
What You Bring
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Interior, Visual Merchandising, Design, Broadcasting, or a directly related art field and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- Experience: 3+ years experience in product styling and set styling required, including previous TV experience
- Ability to understand the styling differences in each media that they are working in including still photography, video, print, and live television
- Working knowledge of scenic construction, scene paining and set dressing required.
- Ability to read and execute industry standard technical drawings required.
- Working knowledge of style trends, interior design elements, current fashion looks, visual merchandising, and floral display.
- Ability to climb stairs / ladders
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and bend for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to differentiate between colors and textures
- Ability to use basic carpentry tools
- Ability to travel daily / overnight
- Ability to work on elevated surfaces (i.e., lighting rafters, etc.)
Remote work is not permitted in NYC at this time.