The NBCUniversal Team is looking for a creative and proactive Paint/Scenic Artist with 3+ years of experience in the film and television industry. In this role, you will collaborate with designers and artisans to create custom pieces for both internal NBCUniversal clients and 3rd party productions of all sizes.
Greater Atlanta Area
Jan 22, 2024
The NBCUniversal Team is looking for a creative and proactive Paint/Scenic Artist with 3+ years of experience in the film and television industry. Our Studio Services department offers our clients a full suite of production services including rentals, manufacturing, and bespoke fabrication with a top-tier customer service experience that caters to the needs of the film and television workflows. In this role, you will collaborate with designers and artisans to create custom pieces for both internal NBCUniversal clients and 3rd party productions of all sizes. If you’re ready to take on this exciting opportunity to be an essential part of our growing Art Department team, we encourage you to apply! Join us at NBCUniversal, where your skills and dedication to the arts will contribute to the vision of one of the largest entertainment companies in the world!
What You’ll Do:
- General Scenic Artist duties which include painting and finishing scenery, carving scenic elements, and mimic material surfaces such as wood or stone and adding artificial depth to a 2-D surface through painted shadows and textures.
- Collaborate with artisans, production designers, and art directors to communicate timelines, details, and specifications relating to the materials and methods to execute designs.
- Develop samples of treatments and finishes to present to clients.
- Provide outstanding customer service to returning and potential clients by providing technical assistance on available products and services, maintaining records, and responding to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Delegate and coordinate tasks on sets, locations or in the paint shop.
- Regularly assess inventory and maintain supplies in stock for productions.
- Ensure projects are completed in timely manner and are promptly written up for processing/billing.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and new developments in material sales.
- Assist with special projects throughout the lot as needed.
Let’s Talk About You…
- Impeccable attention to detail– You bring customer requests to life by organizing the team’s daily work plans and scheduling commitments. The studio operations team will excel with your keen attention to work due dates and schedule commitments.
- Communicates with ease – You have a way with words; written and verbal, with all levels of personnel, production designers, and front-line crew.
- Executer – You get things done! Using strong business acumen, inciteful analytical skills, and superior organizational skills you manage through competing priorities within a matrixed environment.
- Juggler – You know how to manage multiple tasks and priorities and move them all along effectively while keeping stakeholders updating and informed.
- Tech-savvy – You are an MS Office whiz and can take on new software with ease (Mac, PC OS, etc.).
What You Must Have:
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience as a scenic painter within the Film and Television industry.
- 2+ years of experience working with and supporting productions, art departments, vendors, and customers.
- Prior experience in reading architectural drawings and set plans.
What Would Make You a Stand-out:
- Bachelor’s degree in theater, set design, or relevant field.
- Ability to coach employees, encourage teamwork and promote exacting standards of customer services.
- Please submit a portfolio and filmography of your past work.
- Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.