TMZ is looking for an experienced Researcher to join our news team. Qualified candidates must have copyediting experience and news research skills.
TMZ is looking for an experienced Researcher to join our news team. Qualified candidates must have copyediting experience and news research skills. They must be able to act as an editorial partner in the news-gathering process, providing input for story development and posts. The role requires someone who is passionate about the TMZ brand, resourceful, and always one step ahead. Applicants must also possess an eye for detail and an ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
- Edit, maintain, and fact-check stories on the website
- Assist the News Desk with breaking news stories with accuracy and speed
- Watch and fact-check TMZ’s 4 television shows (TMZ on TV, TMZ Live, TMZ Sports, TMZ Hip-Hop)
- Stay up to date with breaking news of the day, and advise producers of relevant news happening around the world
- Work with Writers and Producers to ensure depth and quality of storytelling for each post
- Develop a working knowledge of SEO skills
- Juggle multiple time-sensitive projects at once and be able to make strong and accurate judgement calls
- Assist Social Media department as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field a plus
- 3-5 years of experience working in a newsroom environment
- Demonstrated depth of historical knowledge regarding entertainment news events and topics
- Exceptional spelling and grammar skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Must be proficient with LexisNexis and Google search
- Evening, weekend, and Holiday work, as needed
- Familiar with programs and processes such as CMS, Outlook, and Word Processing, along with basic MS Office software
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of social media, and the ability to effectively use and monitor various platforms
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $19.00-21.00 per hour for California.