The role is vital in helping the station make data-driven decisions about programming, audience engagement across platforms, evolving consumer brand dynamics, and client marketing strategy. Indianapolis is home to the Indianapolis 500, the Colts, and the Pacers.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Indianapolis, Indiana Area
Nov 28, 2023
Our previous Research Director was so outstanding that it caused a promotion to the VP of Broadcast Research at the corporate level. With that being stated, can you fill the big shoes in Indy? The role is vital in helping the station make data-driven decisions about programming, audience engagement across platforms, evolving consumer brand dynamics, and client marketing strategy. Indianapolis is home to the Indianapolis 500, the Colts, and the Pacers. Known as the “Crossroads of America,” it’s an exciting and easily accessible destination. Indianapolis also has a beautiful walkable downtown, Circle City, and miles and miles of recreational trails. U.S. News & World Report says, “Indianapolis allows its residents to experience big city living without too much effort.”
This is a regular, full-time, exempt position.
Here are some of the key responsibilities and qualifications associated with this role:
- Proficiency in overseeing, analyzing, and maintaining research information from various sources, including Nielsen, Comscore, Vivvix, Scarborough/ARIANA, TVB, Wide Orbit, and other relevant tools that enhance the sales and marketing effectiveness of our brands.
- A deep expertise in television sales, research, promotion, and marketing, along with a solid understanding of competitive media, ratings calculation, estimating, and qualitative measurements.
- The capability to provide valuable research data to the General Manager, Sales Director, and other Departments (News and Promotion) – for example, compiling and distributing relevant rating facts, trends, analysis, successes, and challenges.
- Experience working with Wide Orbit/Matrix to provide billing analysis & deliver expertise to management.
- Ability to collaborate with the sales team to develop custom advertiser solutions, marketing materials, and packages based on the latest research data, further distinguishing our brand in the marketplace.
- Skill set to create and deliver quality presentations and research materials utilizing PowerPoint, Excel, Photoshop, Adobe, Emerging tools, etc.
- The knowledge and capability to engage in executive-level conversations about the industry and marketplace.
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable presenting alongside a team of Account Executives and Sales Management during key client calls.
- Willingness to perform additional duties as assigned that may include data entry, systems maintenance, report generation, etc.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a Top 50 market.
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Research, Statistics or equivalent experience is preferred
- Analytical and Forward-thinking
- Excellent written, research, and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines.