CUMULUS MEDIA | Kansas City, KS is offering a great part-time opportunity as a Promotions Assistant, Studio Board Operator, On-Air Talent providing support to the cluster’s Promotions and Programming management. Also available shifts announcing daily traffic reports.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Kansas City, Missouri Area
Nov 28, 2023
CUMULUS MEDIA | Kansas City, KS is offering a great part-time opportunity as a Promotions Assistant, Studio Board Operator, On-Air Talent providing support to the cluster’s Promotions and Programming management. Also available shifts announcing daily traffic reports. Our ideal candidate should possess an extremely good work ethic, be a self-starter, and be highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The position requires extreme reliability and flexibility. If you are a fast-learner familiar with audio equipment and automation and have a passion for radio, read on. Promotions duties will consist of general office duties as well community interaction with listeners and clients to promote our stations. Strong detail execution and a positive mindset are qualities of the ideal candidate.
CUMULUS | Kansas City, KS is the dominant cluster leader in our market. Delivering nearly 1M listeners every week, the seven Kansas City-area stations include: 101 The FOX KCFX-FM Classic Rock, 94.9 KCMO-FM Classic Hits, 107.3 The Vibe KMJK-FM Top 40, POWER 105.1 KCJK-FM Hip Hop and R&B, 95.7/ 710 KCMO Talk Radio, and KCMO-FM HD2 102.1 Jack-FM.
- Hosting, announcing or mixing during an on-air shift
- Collecting and reporting short-duration traffic reports
- Facilitate prize fulfillment with station contest winners, including contacting listeners via email and phone daily for prize fulfillment
- Reliable with a flexible schedule, available to workdays, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ideally able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Strong Social Media skills with platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Run the control board in a radio station studio broadcasting a variety of live and pre-recorded local and syndicated radio programs
- Play all commercials as scheduled
- Monitor and rebroadcast required EAS Alerts, Weather Warnings, Ambers Alerts and breaking news
- Maintain technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from station studios
- Proficient using computer systems such as Microsoft Office Suite, Op-X, AudioVault, Wide Orbit, ENCO, Soundforge, Nuendo, Adobe Audition or other audio editing and automation programs
- Familiar with audio mixers and remote monitoring systems for radio transmissions
- Flexibility in scheduling required; majority of the hours are in the evenings, weekends and holidays
- Previous on-air, mix DJ and/or board operation experience preferred, but not required
- Audio production skills, preferred, but not required