The Third Floor is looking for Finals Animation Prop Modelers to join our new Animation Division. An artist who thinks about the background of the prop and the story that they tell - that’s who we’re looking for. Full Time. Remote Position. Must be in the state of California, Georgia, Texas, Oregon, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York (Outside NYC), Colorado, Washington, or Canada for remote positions.
Dec 20, 2023
The Third Floor is looking for Finals Animation Prop Modelers to join our new Animation Division. The ideal candidate is a passionate prop creator, embodying every step of the creative process and lives for the process of being able to bring rich and detailed props to life. An artist who thinks about the background of the prop and the story that they tell - that’s who we’re looking for. An artist that can take notes and direction from various sources, but also loves to push ideas and brainstorm ways to bring these visions to life as 3D prop models, exploring every single aspect of the work.
Full Time. Remote Position. Must be in the state of California, Georgia, Texas, Oregon, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York (Outside NYC), Colorado, Washington, or Canada for remote positions.
- Create highly stylized 3d props from storyboards, concept art, 3d sculpts, and/or script pages.
- Sculpt, model, and texture assets while solving issues by using creative topological solutions.
- Collaborate with animators and technical directors to address issues or needs that will be met downstream.
- Address direction and feedback from Creative Directors and Art Directors as needed.
- Experience within the animation/vfx/games industry modeling in maya and zbrush.
- Experience within the animation/vfx/games industry using substance painter and/or other texturing packages.
- Desire to learn new tools and workflows.
- Work efficiently within a production environment and collaborate with other departments to ensure proper milestones are met.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Possess an artistic eye for detail and understand the proportions of the human body, as well as shape language in prop design
- Experience with 2d painting and drawing of props.
- Experience with prop rigging
- Experience working with the Unreal Engine
- Experience with realistic anatomy and also the ability to exaggerate proportions for a different look and feel
- To be considered: include your resume, demo reel/ portfolio link (and password, if needed), and demo reel breakdown (or, alternatively, a written detailed breakdown/contribution) with your application.
- Wire frames and textures must be shown for proper consideration. Adding references is also a plus.
The pay scale is between $30 - $70 / hour based on experience, skillset and other factors. We work an average of 5 hours of paid overtime a week.