CUMULUS MEDIA |ANN ARBOR in search of a hard-working Part-Time Promotions Assistant. If you are looking to get a foot in the door to the radio industry, have an outgoing personality and have a passion for radio, this is a great opportunity for you!
CUMULUS MEDIA |ANN ARBOR in search of a hard-working Part-Time Promotions Assistant. If you are looking to get a foot in the door to the radio industry, have an outgoing personality and have a passion for radio, this is a great opportunity for you! This job will consist of general office duties as well as going out into the community to interact with listeners and promote our stations.
The Promotions Assistant travels around the area and represents the Cumulus stations at specified events, acting as Brand Ambassadors. This includes set-up and breakdown of pop-up tents and tables, hanging banners, interacting with listeners and registering people to win prizes. To join the team, you must be able to lift 50 pounds, and be on your feet for extended periods of time.
In the office, the Promotions Assistant handles prize fulfillment, event preparation, contest building, prize sheet creation, brainstorming new ideas and other promotion-oriented tasks. The position also includes running errands and helping with vehicle maintenance.
We’re looking for charismatic applicants, with smiling faces and outgoing personalities. If you love talking to people and listening to great radio, this could be the perfect job for you.
- Assist in planning, organizing & execution of promotional events and digital campaigns
- Execute proper technical and physical set-up and breakdown of remote broadcasts and station events; ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues on the fly
- Represent stations at events in an upbeat, outgoing and friendly manner
- Data Entry of Promotional events and contesting
- Create e-blasts, social media posts & website posts; review promotional information and graphics
- Inventory and maintenance of prize closet, calendars, events for current and upcoming promotions
- Assisting the Promotions and Marketing Department with projects as needed in the office
- Assist with vehicle inspections, fuel and coordinating maintenance
- Ability to drive station vehicles with attached trailer
- Maintain and storage of station equipment
- No experience necessary, however Customer Service experience helpful
- Must be 18 years of age or older with a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Reliable; have a flexible schedule and be available to work at least 20 hours per week, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- May require lifting or moving up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Outgoing, energetic, detail-oriented and responsible
- Proficient using computers and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Event experience a plus
- Strong Social Media skills with sites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram