Amazon MGM Studios is hiring a Production Manager to support original film production in the United States. The Production Manager will be responsible for overseeing and assisting with budgets, schedules, and overall production plans for motion pictures.
Amazon MGM Studios is hiring a Production Manager to support original film production in the United States. Amazon MGM Studios is the film development and production arm of Amazon.com.
The Production Manager will be responsible for overseeing and assisting with budgets, schedules, and overall production plans for motion pictures. The position will work closely with internal partners, including Post-Production, Business Affairs, and Creative Development.
Key job responsibilities
-Works directly with and assists two Production Executives
-Coordinates all features directly associated with the Production Executives from pre-production through the wrap of physical production in concert with other team members
-Maintains Studio policies and procedure manuals and other related materials for the Studio which are distributed to the films supervised by the executive
-Manages incoming materials which include maintaining lists & contracts, databases, researching information, compiling, archiving and securing files
-Specializes in international production procedures (communicating with film commissions & production service teams, obtaining relevant work visas, etc.
-Works directly with production companies to secure day-to-day updates during set-up and production
-Answers and screens phones for production executive
-Schedules appointments and other film related activities
-Arranges travel as needed, completes special projects and collaborates with producers, line producers, production managers and creative executives and offer assessments on budgets, production plans, and schedules. Includes feedback on production risks and/or options that can impact staying on budget and schedule.
-Work with internal teams, including post operations and development, to develop budgets and schedules.
-Assist with travel arrangements and travel to set when necessary to evaluate work-flow, budgets and potential problems.
-Analyze budgets and cost reports.
-Act as a liaison from producers to the Studio.
-Track and process daily shooting data, approvals and production payments with BA, Legal, and Finance
-Maintain a checklist for each motion picture to ensure major milestones are met (e.g. budget lock, budget approval, kick-off calls, deliverables, international filming activity, etc.)
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations: Culver City, CA, USA
- 3+ years of budgeting, scheduling and cost reporting experience
- 5+ years of producer, production manager or line producer experience
- Ability to juggle multiple large scale projects efficiently in a fast-paced environment while delivering outstanding results.
- Experience with local guilds and unions
- Provide continuity for overseeing tax audits from prep to completion of production and work with the assigned tax credit auditors.
- Able to recognize an opportunity or need based on industry expertise.
- Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Experience prioritizing & handling multiple projects at once.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $68,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $163,900/year in our highest geographic market.