The person in this role reports to the Senior Director, Production and is a member of the Programming and Production department. Responsibilities include: Tracking the progress of funded projects; supporting the management of a robust portfolio of high quality and diverse multi-format programs including feature-length and short films.
The person in this role reports to the Senior Director, Production and is a member of the Programming and Production department. Responsibilities include: Tracking the progress of funded projects; supporting the management of a robust portfolio of high quality and diverse multi-format programs including feature-length and short films. ; Supporting the department with data management; developing and maintaining processes for the use of the department’s information systems and administrative workflows; tracking and managing departmental and project budgets; supporting the creation and distribution of meeting agendas; serving as a resource to staff as it relates to ongoing training, assistance with administrative management of programs; maintaining the quality and integrity of information systems; establishing standards, processes and procedures; and guiding colleagues on how best to meet these standards on an ongoing basis.
Standards and Systems
- Be a specialist in departmental processes and information systems (Primarily NetSuite, Asana, GSuite, and Zengine, but also legacy systems, as well as document servers, file transfer, and other systems).
- Promote attention to detail and adherence to department standards for tasks through deep familiarity with processes, and the ability to communicate to other staff and enforce quality control when these are not being met.
- Provide consultation and information to department leadership to help review and adjust standards and procedures as needed.
- Maintain, organize, and track updates to department documentation regarding policies and procedures in consultation with the Senior Director of Production.
Event Support (Independents Summit, BasecampFunding Panels)
- Assist in planning, execution and logistics of the Independents Summit, Basecamp onboarding sessions and funding panels.
- Coordinate and book travel for select iTVS staff/external partners for travel to/from iTVS events.
- Arrange logistics for events including but not limited to catering and facilities.
- In consultation with other department staff, set event schedules and agendas.
- Delegate tasks to and manage other departmental support staff to assist with event management in coordination with supervisors.
Production Coordination: Long-Form and Short-Form Projects
- Assist in managing a portfolio of high-quality and diverse projects funded through various iTVS funding initiatives, with special emphasis on longform projects for television broadcast, adhering to PBS editorial standards.
- Support Supervising Producers in the delivery of their respective portfolios – serving as a key driver and facilitator of the contract execution and closing processes.
- Collect, analyze and report data related to individual programs and overall portfolio and provide regular reports for the department and content strategy team.
- Collect, analyze, and report on data in a way that tracks the progress and health of programs as they progress through the production pipeline, including tracking key production milestones, closing, and production funding deficits.
- Conduct and Support intake (as needed, via Zengine) of Short-Form commission and other projects as directed in preparation for iTVS co-production.
- Set up, update and maintain project records in Netsuite and Asana to ensure compliance with department standards and to help build departmental capacity.
- Assist in filing project deliverables properly in digital record keeping systems and paper files as appropriate.
- Ensure that best practices around information systems are being followed by Supervising Producers and that integrity of data within key systems is being maintained.
- Review proposals submitted to various iTVS funding initiatives, especially Open Call.
- Assist with conducting eligibility review and delivering application feedback to support funding initiatives as required.
- Maintain, manage and execute the licensing payment process and. encumbrances.
- Manage expense and reimbursement process.
- Organize meetings and retreats.
- Maintain, track and code. budgets.
- Track travel budgets in coordination with responsible parties within the department.
- Maintain archival records for closed programs and initiatives including onsite digital records and offsite paper archives.
- Fosters and cultivates a culture of care and a high commitment to quality informed by iTVS values.
- Contributes to culture by proactively participating in organization programs and staff events.
- Seeks and integrates constructive feedback to drive continuous improvement.
- Works collaboratively with peers and staff; builds relationships through effective and compassionate communication.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- A commitment to iTVS’ mission and an ability to apply sensitivity to a variety of social, economic, and cultural perspectives.
- Cares about principles associated with diversity and inclusion; willing and wanting to support the voices and visions of underrepresented communities, and reflect the interests and concerns of a diverse society.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and “can do” attitude; superior telephone etiquette, verbal and written communication skills; clear and professional communicator.
- Adaptable to a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to stay focused, highly organized and pay close attention to details.
- Can juggle multiple projects, knows how to prioritize, and can work effectively while under pressure.
- Able to work cross functionally, and effectively as part of team
- Knows how to support and supervise peers, and “manage up”
- Proficiency with Word, Powerpoint, Excel. Filemaker Pro, Google Apps
- Enjoys working as a team member as well as independently.
- Willing to support leadership’s decision and direction in a positive, professional and cooperative manner. Good sense of humor is helpful too!
- Required: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Preferred: Experience in Film/TV Production, live event production, or media..
- Preferred: Experience with event planning and arranging travel.
- Preferred: Prior experience with project management systems and database software.
- Preferred: Degree in Film/Television, Journalism, Media/Communications related field.
For this role the pay range is $26.77 - $29.92 and all incumbent new hires base pay will begin at $26.77.
It's important for you to know we love cover letters, they help us understand why you are interested in working at ITVS and they show us how you express yourself in writing. We will prioritize applicants who provide a cover letter