ABC News is seeking several Producer/Reporters to cover Presidential election races, providing reporting and research across ABC News platforms, including linear television, digital, radio and streaming television, including Hulu.
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Jan 17, 2023
This is role is open to internal and external candidates. It is primarily an off-air reporting and producing role, though applicants should also be comfortable performing some on-air responsibilities.
Candidates should be prepared for significant travel, including potential temporary relocation.
- Original writing and reporting, including developing and maintaining sources
- Generating enterprise story ideas, with an emphasis on exclusive reporting that funnels up to various ABC News platforms
- Producing stories that emphasize the connection between politics and impact on everyday Americans
- Reporting and publishing regular news stories for ABCNews.com
- Conducting and coordinating research ahead of large-scale political events
- Communicating story developments to senior editorial staff and disseminating reporting notes across the network
- Working with the Political Unit on coverage of major political events
- Minimum of three years journalism experience and covering political news
- Geographic flexibility, with the possibility that assignments will take you away from home for extended stretches of time
- Experience in original writing and reporting in a breaking-news setting
- Sound news judgment and ability to find primary sources to complete daily story assignments, breaking-news coverage and long-term futures reporting
- Must be able to balance priorities, multiple projects and tasks
- Must be an effective communicator
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and collaborate with other members of the team
- Must be well organized and capable of coping with changing priorities and work requirements
- Four years of experience covering politics for a national news outlet
- Established relationships and sources in national and state politics
- Familiarity with database management and data-based reporting in coverage of polls and campaign-finance information