KGUN, The E.W. Scripps station in Tucson, AZ is looking for a News Producer to join the team! The News Producer will create, lead and organize content utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills. We are offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus for this role.
Tucson, Arizona Area
Mar 20, 2023
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and organizes newscasts or local programs; responsible for writing, story development and showcasing.
- Collaborate with reporters, anchors, news managers and assignment editors to determine content needs.
- Enhance the content with graphics, video, research, and station branding
- Execute time sensitive decisions.
- Responsible for oversight of live broadcast and up to the minute editorial decisions.
- Perform desktop editing.
- Post content to station's Web sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 1 - 2 years of experience as a television writer or producer preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Avid local news consumer: knows daily news, events, trends and happenings on a local level.
- Strong vision and ability to advance stories.
- Excellent interpersonal communicator.
- Extraordinarily passionate about writing; courageous and creative storyteller. with attention to detail.
- Highly organized.
- Highly adaptable to a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Working knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws and strong editorial judgement.
- Able to use web analytics.
- Proficient with newsroom computer systems, MS Office a plus.