WBIR, the top-rated, legacy television station in Knoxville, TN is looking for a television producer to join our winning team. The producer must be curious, creative and lead the room with a strong editorial voice.
WBIR, the top-rated, legacy television station in Knoxville, TN is looking for a television producer to join our winning team. The producer must be curious, creative and lead the room with a strong editorial voice. Our show producers create interesting and informative newscasts, with an emphasis on the use of video, graphics, conversational writing and innovative formats. The ideal candidate will break the mold with innovative ideas for daily content, while maintaining close attention to detail. This producer must be able to write concisely and accurately.
• Develop and oversee the production of graphics
• Coordinate Live Shots
• Coordinate writing, editing of scripts that mix video, sound and graphics to enhance story value
• Look for opportunities to create original content. Work with reporters and anchors and MSJs to enhance their daily stories with graphics and production techniques that will help tell the story in more visual and compelling way.
• Work under deadlines
• Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
• Communicate with anchors, field crews and control room staff
• Position may require working nights, weekends and holidays
• Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute news
• Must keep up on local, state, national and international events
• Contribute story ideas to the newsroom daily for both on-air and digital products
• Must work individually as well as part of a team
• 1-3 years of experience preferred
• Bachelor's degree
• Strong Writer
• Must be creative and a forward-thinker and have excellent news judgment.
• This position requires someone who can exercise discretion, best judgment, and has solid journalistic/ethical skills
• Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills and ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Must be extremely flexible to work different shifts through the year
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.