WBNS, Central Ohio's news leader and CBS affiliate, is looking for a news Producer for our innovative newsroom team. Our show producers create interesting and informative newscasts, with an emphasis on the use of video, graphics, conversational writing and innovative formats.
Columbus, Ohio Area
Sep 07, 2023
WBNS, Central Ohio's news leader and CBS affiliate, is looking for a news Producer for our innovative newsroom team.
The producer must be curious, creative and collaborate in a newsroom with a strong editorial voice.
Our show producers create interesting and informative newscasts, with an emphasis on the use of video, graphics, conversational writing and innovative formats.
The ideal candidate will share innovative ideas for daily content, while maintaining close attention to detail. This producer must be able to write concisely and execute the goals of the 10TV newscast with near perfection, while also meeting tight deadlines.
- Craft, build, mold, visualize and conceptualize the lead story, deep-dive content and specialized material for a newscast
- Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing and new forms of media to enhance stories
- Work directly with Executive Producer & other newsroom managers to consistently build a high-quality news show
- Use social listening to research, discover and distribute content
- Write in an exciting, accurate and creative way
- Enterprise news stories
- Lead and inspire a team to work together for a great newscast
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
- Minimum of 3 years experience producing/line producing for newscasts
- Understanding of the tenets of journalism
- Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
- Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.