The Sony Pictures Entertainment Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further.
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This type of opportunity will jump-start your career and prepare you for a career in the desired field. This Fall Trainee position is from September/November through December 15th and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday in the specified location. This is not a remote role. A hybrid work option may or may not be available.
The Post Production team oversees and manages the post process for all Columbia/Tristar feature films. From establishing the budgets that control production workflows for camera and sound on set, through the editing process, to its final delivery, the post team works very closely with the creative executives and filmmakers to ensure the look and sound of the film is at the highest quality. The post process includes picture editorial, sound, visual effects and music. Additionally, our team is responsible for providing quality-controlled content and technical support for special events, previews, and premieres.
- Assist post production team with various tasks
- Create and distribute post production schedules
- Write purchase orders
- Help set up editorial rooms on and off the lot
- Organize and prep inventory, as well as track items in use on various projects
- Help collect timecards and check them for accuracy
- Assist post team with drive-ons to the lot
- Help track and update projections holds for various films on the lot in our screening rooms
- Assist in creating badges for editorial crew and IDMs
- Assist with prepping start paperwork for ADR sessions and editorial crew
- Highly organized, resourceful, and dependable with excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a voluminous deadline-oriented department.
- Must be willing to take and follow directions
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
- Common sense, dependability, discretion, and attention to detail are required
- A preferred interest in Editing/Sound/Color/Post
- Computer and technology literate – familiarity with Mac/PC operating systems and hard drive formats, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Passion and interest in a career in Production
The anticipated base salary for this position is $20/hour.