ABC24 Memphis is looking for a highly skilled artistic videographer and editor who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile.
ABC24 Memphis is looking for a highly skilled artistic videographer and editor who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile. We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team, photographers who bring new ideas for the future of journalism. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news gathering tools and can participate in live performance on air and on live streaming when necessary.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories, including but not limited to Edius and Adobe Products
• Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms including attaching images and streaming video. Must include Social Media
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
• Contact sources and develop news stories. Cover breaking, general, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories. Produce news stories that are unique and captivating
• Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
• Current driver’s license and ability to operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 1-3 years of experience preferred
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Demonstrated social media proficiency, especially in the field, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Member and active participant in NPPA preferred
• SNG experience
• Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills.
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
• Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, Axis graphics and Adobe products a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Must be able to handle the physical demands of a photojournalist
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.