WFXT TV Boston is looking for a visual storyteller who has a passion for news and someone who wants to make an impact in their community. Photographers/Videographers work with reporters daily in the field to turn visually creative and compelling stories.
WFXT TV Boston is looking for a visual storyteller who has a passion for news and someone who wants to make an impact in their community. Photographers/Videographers work with reporters daily in the field to turn visually creative and compelling stories. We are looking for someone who takes ownership in all aspects of their work, loves breaking news and understands the importance of local news. If you love to be first to the scene, to showcase great content, and tell stories that make a difference, we want you to join our team!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Shoot and edit compelling local news stories that are clear and easy to understand.
• Able to work under pressure and make quick decisions in the field.
• Operate and maintain a professional video camera and related news gathering equipment. This includes laptop, iPhone, LiveU and drones.
• Be familiar with and understand non-linear editing techniques to meet deadlines and create high-impact stories.
• Understanding of how to operate and maintain live equipment including microwave, satellite and LiveU backpacks. As well as being able to troubleshoot ENG/SNG trucks.
• Understanding the best way to troubleshoot equipment issues (camera, laptop or ENG/SNG trucks) as well as ownership of all technical aspects of the job.
• Collaborate with reporters to turn creative and visual stories, active live shot / teases and making sure daily deadlines are met in high pressure situations.
• A self-starter, with the ability to gather VO, VO-SOT and NAT sound packages by yourself.
• Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds of equipment.
• Maintain news vehicles for safe operation, keeping up with scheduled maintenance and having a valid driver's license.
• Obtain training to be a drone operator, including taking the FAA drone pilot license exam.
• Ability to work all shifts scheduled, including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Must adhere to all station policies.
• Bring story ideas and a creative energy to the job every day.
• 3-5 years of professional experience working as a TV news photographer required.
• 3-5 years of non-linear editing experience, preferably Avid editing software.
• Working knowledge of ENG trucks, as well as LiveU and/or licensed drone pilot.
• A college degree in Journalism or TV Broadcasting is preferred.