CBS KPIX is seeking a Photojournalist/Editor to join their station! Photographer/Editor duties include the shooting and editing of News stories.
Live Event / On Location Services
San Francisco Bay Area
Nov 27, 2023
CBS KPIX is seeking a Photojournalist/Editor to join their station!
- Photographer/Editor duties include the shooting and editing of News stories.
- The Photographer/Editor is expected to have a comprehensive knowledge of contemporary lighting techniques and fully understand the use of professional audio equipment commonly used in ENG work.
- The Photojournalist/Editor is expected to edit all stories in the field and will routinely set and complete live shots alone and often for multiple shows.
- Must be familiar with Frontline vans and ENG vans.
- Must be able to troubleshoot minor equipment problems in the field and monitor/perform basic vehicle maintenance.
- A positive approach to problem-solving will be essential for success.
- Must be able to edit on Grass Valley nonlinear edit system. Must be able to edit a 2-minute news package in 30 minutes or less.
- Edit content for all social platforms creatively, to a high standard and great attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work holidays, nights, and weekends and travel on short notice.
- The ability to produce Nat packages is a plus.
- B.A. degree in a related field is preferred.
- Three to five years of Photography/Editing experience in a major market is required.
- Extensive knowledge of the Bay Area is preferred.
- The candidate should have three to five years of experience operating an ENG Live Van.
- Candidate must be able to edit all nonlinear systems with broadcast quality. Satellite uplink truck experiences are a plus!
- Must maintain a current California Driver’s License in good standing.
- Photographer/Editor will work in a variety of environmental conditions including, but not limited to: intense noise, extreme temperature, weather, fumes/odors, dust, chemicals, smoke, and extreme heights.
- Photographers carrying camera equipment could be placed in dangerous or hazardous situations similar to, and along with, police and fire personnel.
- You must be able to travel by helicopter and light general aviation aircraft and boat.
- Must be able to work overnight and day shifts.
- This physical job requires the candidate to be physically fit to avoid injuries.
- Carry and set up ENG equipment often weighing 50lbs.
- Drive news vehicle to news story location, and to edit footage in confined areas/space.
Hiring Salary Range: $87,360.00 - 93,600.00.
Day, Evening, Overnight