TelevisaUnivision is seeking a Photographer and Editor to shoot video and audio of news and other events for TV productions, both live and recorded.
Live Event / On Location Services
May 03, 2023
TelevisaUnivision is seeking a Photographer and Editor to shoot video and audio of news and other events for TV productions, both live and recorded. Edit material to match scripts using non-linear, computer-based editing on our facilities, or via mobile equipment from remote locations.
This Position is under IBEW-ENG
- Shooting and editing assigned and breaking news stories using ENG camera and non-linear editing equipment, with or without reporter.
- Shoot and edit special assignments and series as needed.
- Provide pictures and short/snap videos from the field for our Social Media platforms
- Set Up Live U equipment for Live Remote Shoots .
- Assist video editor/acquisitions in editing and preparing video for newscasts as assigned, using server-based editing and playback system.
- Operate and maintain news vehicles and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Perform routine maintenance and light troubleshooting on assigned equipment.
- Might be required to upload video, digital pictures, and copy to the station’s website.
- Might be required to travel for special assignments and coverage.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Strong storytelling and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Must be able to multi-task and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated, well organized and with excellent personal interaction skills.
- Detail oriented, able to follow directions and make independent decisions
- Able to work flexible hours, including holidays, weekends and evenings, as well as during inclement weather such as Hurricanes.
- 2 or more years working as news photographer in a TV news or similar environment, preferred.
- Personal computer experience required, including non-linear editing.
- Knowledge of lighting techniques will be a plus.
- Candidate will have continuous interaction with news reporters and other photographers. Candidate will work closely with producers, assignment desk editors, video editors and chief photographer.
- Will have constant interaction with engineering and production departments, and will be in daily contact with the public, as well as local, state and federal officials.
- High School Diploma required.
- College degree or technical school training in Journalism, Radio/Television, Production/ENG or related field, preferred.