A Photographer/Editor operates camera and editing equipment for the purpose of gathering the news and documenting society.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Detroit Area
Aug 14, 2023
- A Photographer/Editor operates camera and editing equipment for the purpose of gathering the news and documenting society.
- The primary role of the photographer/editor is the comprehensive depiction of the subject at hand.
- This individual will both shoot and edit material for station broadcasts and operate the equipment responsible for transmitting gathered material back to the station.
- Candidate will shoot and edit news stories and special events.
- They must operate live truck and other ENG equipment, as well as establish live shots, as required by the news department.
- The individual must operate communications equipment in live trucks.
- They must operate equipment in ENG receive including tuning in microwave and live shots; utilizing machines for record/dub/edit purposes; downlinking satellite transmissions.
- This person must utilize various communications equipment for both in-house and field communications.
- This person must also understand the use of good lighting, photographic, audio and editing techniques as required in the production of quality news.
- Must have ability to help plan major event coverage including site checks, troubleshooting and follow-up.
- Perform other duties as deemed appropriate and as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in communications, journalism or broadcasting required.
- Minimum of five years' experience as a news photographer/editor.
- Knowledge of basic journalism and digital production techniques.
- Experience with the operation of a P2 camera, P2 editing equipment, and non-linear experience. Demonstrated ability to work as a team with other journalists.
- Must have an understanding of how to utilize social media to gain more newscast viewers and draw more consumers to fox2detroit.com and the Fox 2 Facebook page.
- A geographical and/or historical knowledge of Metro Detroit is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver's license.