Chicago Shakespeare Theater: The role of the People Operations Assistant is to provide high functioning administrative support to the HR Department as well as support for special projects in administration as appropriate.
Greater Chicago Area
Aug 14, 2023
The role of the People Operations Assistant is to provide high functioning administrative support to the HR Department as well as support for special projects in administration as appropriate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Drives IDEA to Action platform by engaging in committees, events, training and other initiatives as needed.
- Models CST’s core values of service, ingenuity, and collaboration as well as its customer service ethos.
- Champions the organization’s commitment to a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace.
- Manage and set up employee files (personnel and medical)
- Update job descriptions
- Coordinate institutional SOP project
- Complete verifications of employment
- Complete unemployment information
- Respond to external HR inquiries
- Research sourcing opportunities and maintain database
- Send HR communications (holiday reminders, new hires, separations, employment anniversaries and birthdays)
- Create HR templates for HR and management tools
- Schedule HR meetings and check-ins
- Onboarding support and backup
- Offboarding support and back up
- Monthly benefits invoice reconciliation
- Assist in responding to employee benefits questions.
- Professional development support (researching professional development opportunities, sending communication to CST Team, coordinating lunch and learns, etc.)
- Coordinate HR events (open house, partner breakfast, headshot project, wellness events, etc.)
- 5th Floor office support
- Ordering and managing office supply inventory
- Maintaining printers and copiers (initial point of contact)
- Updating mailbox and office/cubicle labels
- Update HR signage including employee signs, office signs, and mandatory compliance posters
- Support special administrative initiatives as appropriate
- Support email management
- 5th Floor coffee morning coffee
- Occasional food and drink run
- Other duties as assigned
- Service, ingenuity, and collaboration
- Emotional intelligence
- Tech savvy
- Well organized
- Detail oriented
- Research and communicate information clearly
- Work hours are generally 8:30 am-4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
- Overtime hours may be requested.
- Worksite is primarily at the CST facilities on Navy Pier in Chicago, IL but may include work in other locations such as the city parks, hiring events, external training, and off-site performance venues.
- May wear PPE during work activities but is not required
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs
- Ability to stand, bend, and squat
- Ability to view computer screen and use computer keyboards regularly throughout each shift
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of successful office experience in an administrative capacity
- Proficient Microsoft Office user
- Experience using creativity to problem solve
ADDITIIONAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in HR, Business Administration, Psychology or similar areas welcome