KENS 5, The TEGNA CBS affiliate in San Antonio, TX is looking for a Temporary Broadcast Director. The person filling this role will be tasked with the technical directing and switching of our live broadcasts using Sony ELC Production Automation.
Live Event / On Location Services
San Antonio, Texas Area
Jan 17, 2024
KENS 5, The TEGNA CBS affiliate in San Antonio, TX is looking for a Temporary Broadcast Director. The person filling this role will be tasked with the technical directing and switching of our live broadcasts using Sony ELC Production Automation. Fox 61 News produces 6 hours of live local content per day, and the director is the last line of defense of that product before it hits the air. We are seeking an individual who can execute transformation and growth of our visual product in the ever-changing world of live local news. This position is responsible for coding and punching our locally produced content. The Director works closely with a team of production professionals and news producers to place the most compelling and clean product on the air. The ideal candidate will be required to provide technical support for the 6 hours of live production per day and assist with occasional remote productions. We are looking for someone to bring some new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table to help us adapt to a constantly changing viewer base.
- Ability to adapt and quickly change on the fly for breaking news and unexpected special events.
- Knowledge and experience with operation and understanding of studio cameras, production switchers, video routers and audio consoles and automation, intercom and graphics systems
- Efficiency with ENPS, Bitcentral, Chyron, and Sony ELC Automation
- Work closely with the Production Supervisor to facilitate any changes and updates to our automation systems as they work hand-in-hand with News Automation workflows.
- Oversee the overall look of our product across multiple platforms.
- Ability to work with a team of people to achieve clean newscasts.
- Have high attention to detail to find and correct problems before they hit the air.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule is a must. May require mornings, nights, weekends and holidays (Schedule is TBD).
- Must be flexible with scheduling, including but not limited to, breaking news and illness.
- College degree
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to lift and operate handheld/jib and studio cameras weighing 26+lbs. a must
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.