Radio One is looking for On-Air Talent to join our Charlotte team!
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Charlotte, North Carolina Area
Aug 18, 2023
Radio One is looking for On-Air Talent to join our Charlotte team! Professionally (consistently appropriate) deliver all relevant information on an ongoing basis.
To ensure that appropriate continuity is maintained at all times while on the air. This includes:
· Programming links
· Set-ups and Transitions (music identification to co-host, or any pre-taped items etc.).
To appropriately re-enforce the radio station brand and program at all times. This includes:
· Station call letters
· Positioning statements
· Creative Hooks
· Cross Promotion
· Back sells.
· Social Media for both the radio station and the on-air talent’s brand
To professionally (consistently appropriate) deliver all relevant information on an ongoing basis. This includes:
· Time checks as needed
· Weather as needed
· Temperature checks
· Event Information
Music Knowledge and Appreciation
To competently (effectively & efficiently) display your knowledge and enthusiasm about and for the music that is played. This includes:
· In-depth knowledge of the music being played
· Staying in touch with music and all related issues (research, analysis etc.)
To contribute and support the creation of the show on a daily basis. This includes:
· Participation in weekly aircheck sessions
· Participation in daily pre-show content prep
To appropriately implement all assigned duties on air.
· Pre-show and live interviews
· Writing scripts
· Attending station conferences, functions and events
· Researching background material
To ensure that all relevant material for the show is competently prepared on a daily basis. This includes:
· Assigned promotion mentions
· Reviewing commercial logs for live tags
· Scanning on line for any relevant items
To professionally (consistently appropriate) and competently (effectively & efficiently) appear in public when and where required on an ongoing basis. This includes:
· Participation in station remote broadcasts
· Preparation as required
· Representation at charity events, community events etc.
Create and post original on-line content that meets company standards on social networking platforms:
· And other new developing platforms
Content must be a combination of written blog posts, video blogs and photo galleries
· Read and interpret documents such as periodicals and news flashes
· Develop and write creative and/or informative scripts
· Speak effectively, entertainingly and clearly before large listening audiences and radio station clients
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
· Manage problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One to Three years of on-air commercial radio experience.