The Office & Production Manager is a full time, seasonal position that reports to the Director of Operations, supporting the overall administrative functions of the SFFILM office and managing all production needs for the 2024 San Francisco International Film Festival.
The Office & Production Manager is a full time, seasonal position that reports to the Director of Operations, supporting the overall administrative functions of the SFFILM office and managing all production needs for the 2024 San Francisco International Film Festival. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in event production or the Bay Area film community, as it straddles both production work and office management administration, allowing one to get to know our full organization.
This position will be the key member of our Operations team focused on the smooth running of our office space, including front desk management and customer service, supply ordering, and serving as a point of contact for facilities related vendors and contractors.
As our main focus during this time period is the SFFILM Festival, this position is responsible for managing inventory, storage, production schedule, and the supervision of Production Assistants, as well as leading on other production related projects such as managing rentals and printing badges.
As the first point of contact for office guests and facilities related needs, this role will be expected to work from our SOMA office Monday through Thursday, with the option to work remotely on Fridays. Some night and weekend availability is required, especially during the SFFILM Festival (April 24 – 28).
Application review begins January 4 but will be rolling after that. This position is paid hourly at the rate of $23 per hour and is eligible for overtime. The ideal start date for this position is mid-February, and the end date is May 10, 2024.
- Lead management of SFFILM office including, but not limited to, inbound and outbound mail, phone reception, managing office supply orders and office hardware, managing kitchen cleaning and supplies, and greeting guests upon arrival.
- Manage all office and event production supplies, keeping storage clean, organized, and inventoried.
- Oversee the scheduling and coordinating of shared office space and conference rooms for meetings, workshops, etc.
- Work with full time staff to support communication with property manager and facilities vendors (IT, janitorial, and others) as needed.
- Serve as a key member of the customer service team, receiving all general calls, emails, online chat bot, and other inquiries and distributing them to the appropriate department when necessary.
- Provide light IT administrative support including phone system maintenance, password resets, and other minor troubleshooting.
- With the support of the Director of Operations and Executive team, lead the planning and executing of internal events for staff morale.
- Maintain SFFILM HQ calendar as needed.
New Staff Onboarding
- Work closely with the Executive and Operations team on IT set up for new hires, including equipment and account set ups.
- Own administrative tasks for onboarding new staff such as as assigning Basecamp Onboarding to-dos, scheduling Welcome Emails, and leading office tours and security trainings.
- Update Org Chart, Festival staff contact sheet, AirTable databases, Google Listservs, and other materials as needed when new staff is onboarded.
- Program and manage the tracking of office key fobs and security assets for staff and FilmHouse residents.
Production and Event Support
- Lead the production management of all SFFILM Festival events, as well as events leading up to the festival including programs at our office and Filmhouse spaces.
- Manage the inventory “check-out” and tracking system, ensuring the Inventory Spreadsheet is up-to-date after the Festival.
- Manage process for PARFS (Production Assistance Request Forms), including communicating with all teams on workflow and deadlines.
- Manage festival production schedule, including all load ins and load outs.
- Hire and supervise two Production Assistants, including management of schedules and overtime.
- Coordinate with multiple departments on production equipment rentals, including managing vendor relationships and budget tracking.
- Lead all Festival and year-round badge printing processes.
- Manage increased volume of supply orders from multiple departments during the festival season, delegating large quantities of orders to different budgets.
- Oversee Production budget, and keep detailed track of financials.
- Support Production Van management including holding keys, van maintenance, and scheduling its use.
- Coordinate with SFMTA on parking meter reservations as needed.
- Work closely with the Communications team and other Operations teams to support the ordering and implementation of signage for all SFFILM events.
- Create a written wrap-report and summary of all necessary timeline and budget information.
- 1-3 years experience in office administration, facilities management/support, and/or event operations.
- An interest in learning about multiple facets of non-profit operations and film festival events will lend itself to a satisfying experience in this role.
- Extremely detail oriented with experience is managing organizational systems.
- Ability to be flexible, as this is a newly restructured role for this seasonal position and priorities within the described job duties may shift.
- Experience with event production strongly preferred.
- Able to demonstrate strong writing skills, especially in a customer service setting.
- Must be proactive and highly communicative.
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal supervision and a limited budget.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, to prioritize effectively, and to respond to last-minute requests.
- Experience with project management systems such as Basecamp a plus.
- Willingness/ability to perform heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record, and be comfortable driving a van. Offer will be contingent upon approval from our insurance.