Conceive and execute daily news programs. Looking for upbeat, aggressive, visual show producer/writer to bring creative, fresh ideas to a newscast.
Greater Chicago Area
Jan 04, 2023
- Must have solid news judgment and ability to support overall quality of the newscast with keen eye for detail, including spelling, fact checking, balance and fairness.
- Create and write factual updated and compelling news copy that is aligned with news strategies. Strong tease and copy writing skills. Ability to order graphics.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must be able to manage live on air and in control room decision making. Knowledge of control room automation preferred.
- Must insure daily show production deadlines are met.
- Must be knowledgeable in digital/social media platforms and ability to contribute to station strategies.
- Proficient desk top editing skills required. Screen and edit from both linear and non-linear services to select relevant and engaging pictures and sound.
- Must be willing to work hours as assigned.
- Vacation-relief show producing duties. Other duties as assigned.
- Proven successful track record and innovative.
- Ability to write and edit broadcast copy and promotions.
- Ability to work under extreme deadline pressure.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Three years’ experience as a newscast line producer, preferably in a top 20 market.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or similar field.
- Familiarity with Chicago area, desirable.