The NewsNation Senior Segment Producer for NewsNation Now is responsible for pitching well-conceived segment ideas, compiling elements, and crafting stories and segments on a variety of topics ranging from domestic to international news from news of day to breaking news.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Oct 09, 2023
The NewsNation Senior Segment Producer for NewsNation Now is responsible for pitching well-conceived segment ideas, compiling elements, and crafting stories and segments on a variety of topics ranging from domestic to international news from news of day to breaking news. The Senior Segment Producer also works with the Executive Producer, Senior Producer, Line Producer to elevate the editorial quality and creativity of segments by supporting other segment producers and by also copy editing scripts. The selected candidate will also fill in as a senior producer in the control room as needed. This position is based in New York.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research topics using the Internet, video archives, and other information sources
- Select strongest possible elements to help best tell stories
- Write clear, compelling and strong editorial copy in anchor's voice
- Assist in preparing and executing live, compelling television newscasts.
- Keep Executive Producer and Senior Producer apprised of developments of stories
- Support segment producers in crafting and writing
- Copy edit scripts to ensure accuracy, journalistic integrity, and that stories meet the show's style
Requirements & Skills:
- Five to ten years of experience in national or major-market news
- BA/BS degree or equivalent degree in journalism or related field.
- Strong writing and editorial skills required.
- Ability to create dynamic graphic and video elements
- Must be self-directing, self-motivating and able to work will with a diverse group of people
- Interact well with on-air talent, news managers, videographers, production, digital and engineering staff
- Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills
- Exhibit strong news judgment
- Handle stress, including short deadlines
- Work at a computer for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work assigned shifts and be on call during overnights, mornings and weekends/holidays
- Perform other tasks as assigned by news management
Salary Range: $105,000 - $120,000
Day, Evening, Overnight